Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT Greatcoat verification

Hi guys,

This greatcoat is going up for sale tomorrow, and I urgently need verification as to whether it is authentic or a repro. I'm really not sure, the collar stitching looks ok to me, but I have never handled one in the flesh before. A ballpark value would also be great. Last picture is the very bottom of the back of the greatcoat. Thanks in advance
    =)

Last edited by FranzJoseph; 11-07-2015, 03:13 AM.

A quick update!

A quick update guys,

I won the greatcoat! Now I am able to take better photos, perhaps this will aid in verification! Is there anything interesting I should know about this coat? I am only just starting out again after a long hibernation!

Is the condition good? Would this example fall at the upper end of the value scale? Would it be worth obtaining shoulderboards?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

It seems original.
      There are stamps on or in the inside pocket?
      There are buttons and loops for the shoulderstraps?
      Bye

Comment

Hello,

There are no buttons or loops for the shoulderboards. I couldn't find any stamps on the inside pockets or on the inside of the coat anywhere.

Cheers!

Comment

Classical authenic taylor made german WW2 officer greatcoat. Interessting is that fine feldgrau tricot backing of the collar .

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
            Classical authenic taylor made german WW2 officer greatcoat. Interessting is that fine feldgrau tricot backing of the collar .
            +1 yup tailor made

Comment

Thanks for the authentication. Buckliger, the collar is tricot. I have been unable to find any markings or a tailors label unfortunately but it still seems legit.

Does anyone have any ideas on value?

Cheers,

Franzjoseph

Comment

Maybe three-hundred dollars but a difficult resale even at that. Without the shoulder-boards or any identification labels there isn't anything particularly special about it, i.e: branch, rank, individual, etc...just a common Heer mantel.
                On the positive aspect of things though it does appear to be in good condition....that's always a plus.

Comment

Hi Cody,

I got the mantel for far less than that so that's good news for me! Yes it's in great condition, two tiny moth nips are all I can see. Should I take any preventative steps like putting it in the freezer?

Cheers,

FranzJoseph

Comment

Originally posted by FranzJoseph View Post
                    Hi Cody,

I got the mantel for far less than that so that's good news for me! Yes it's in great condition, two tiny moth nips are all I can see. Should I take any preventative steps like putting it in the freezer?

Cheers,

FranzJoseph
                    wunderbar! I was a bit worried you'd over spend seeing it was an auction. Congratulations, I'll make a excellent beginning to a heer display.

Comment

Thankfully it was towards the end of 700 lots and nobody else seemed to recognise what it was! Particularly as it was displayed all tied up with string at the viewing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X