No announcement yet.

Gebirgsjäger trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your jacket is not a Geschönte feldbluse- which would have a piped front and dress insignia/sew in boards and old style collar tresse etc. Your tunic is a service jacket that probably was used for walking out or Ausgehjacke but also would be for field service. During the War regulations were not as adhered to but walking out dress usually called for long unbloused service trousers with shoes.

Comment

You are absolutely right, Johnny R.
      I have been mixing up the terminology. What I ment, was a (possibly?) Off-duty uniform display, like the uniform in this picture, wich shows a Gebirgsjäger der spiess here in Norway. (notice that he have a Narvik armshield and paratrooper badge on his tunic) This could possibly also be a service uniform/tunic?

The Ausgeh-rock walking out dress, would be the uniform worn by the solider in the background of this picture, i guess.

The shoulderboards on the Der spiess tunic that I have, is the old style pointed shoulderboards, and the Kragenspiegeln have the pre-1939 green piping. the tunic itself have been taylor modified.

Best Regards
      Björn
      Last edited by Bjørn; 11-07-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

All wonderfull items Bjorn! Thanks for sharing!
        http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Bjorn, here is the uniform you posted in the picture above, Der Spiess with Narvik... I could also use your grey pants
          Attached Files
          http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

That is a Unbelievably nice set, Sander! Holy crabs.
            If you add a shooting lanyard, rearrange the medals, exchange the Ek1 with a paratroopers badge and put on a set of old type pointed shoulderboards, it will be an exact match.

And your cap is also stunning. That would be an austrian made Bergmütze? I just love the construction, the colour and the brownish buttons on it.

I must admit that I am more or less green with envy right now.
            Stunning. Just stunning.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Best Regards
            Björn
            Last edited by Bjørn; 11-07-2015, 07:51 PM. Reason: spelling errors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X