Opinions about these tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions about these tunics

Hi all again. After a failed purchase due to an unexpected problem with Customs I am asking for advice again.
    I am looking for my first german WWII feldbluse.
    I have these two tunics in the sight. But I would like you to take them a look before doing anything.

Here is the first: http://www.butschek-antiques.com/Uni...rleutnant.html
    Reputated seller and a nice looking tunic except from the waffenfarbe of the tabs.... It says that is a matching cavalry tunic but to my eyes the colour of the tabs is closer to a signals tunic... What do you think about it?

Second one: http://www.military-antiques-stockho...oducts_id=2448

Don't see any red flag on it... Just a few issues... Too close breast loops? Or perhaps a hole for a screwback EK1?

So.. what do you think about them? Are both tunics correct? Are them fairly priced?

Thank you very much.

Pedro

Both tunics are authentic tunics though I like the cavalry tunic better than the pioneer tunic. Reason, pioneer tunic......I dont like the application of the shoulder boards, and the I think I see a ghost outline of a previous collar tab?

Steve

Comment

Cavalerys collartabs were IMO also resewn,...colour not matching and ugly underneath stitches

Comment

Thank you for your replies guys.
        I noticed several issues about those tunics but didn't realice how important they were.
        I am surprised about known dealers offering suspicious stuff.
        Klaus' tunic doesn't look really bad and perhaps the collar tab colour could be debated, but that is enough doubt for me.

Comment

Another one offered for sale.
          Advertised as a cavalry tunic but from the photos I would say a signals one. Seller says that it is due to the camera effect.
          Any opinon on it?
          Regards

https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...s_68887_e.html

Comment

I would only by a tunic like that with a COA from Jesus.

Comment

Hi,

Matching collar tabs to boards can be (and is) debated. Sometimes you'll see boards that don't exactly match the tabs. There are legitimate reasons for this, depending. Some collectors won't buy pieces like these because they acknowledge they'll have a tougher time at resale. Some don't like them at all. Others buy them because they recognize that this did happen. The bottom line is that a slightly mismatched color is not always a red flag. But you need to do what is best for your personal collection.

Best regards,

J-

Originally posted by pedroMM View Post
              Thank you for your replies guys.
              I noticed several issues about those tunics but didn't realice how important they were.
              I am surprised about known dealers offering suspicious stuff.
              Klaus' tunic doesn't look really bad and perhaps the collar tab colour could be debated, but that is enough doubt for me.

Comment

Hi guys
                I am aware that it is possible that during wartime those tabs could be in that tunic as a result of a supply shortage... all of you that are in the military know that when on the field, clothing regulations are always more "relaxed" and that we use things that wouldn't be aproved when in our barracks.

But as a collector, specially as a beginner ,I expect to build my collection based on clear examples, not on exceptions or rare items. That is my personal opinon

I saw this other tunic: http://www.militaria-westfalen.de/sh...ct-12562524632

Perhaps a little bit high eagle, but without traces of a previous one. Any opinion on it?

Comment

Eagles had a textbook placement as well, but application varied here too. It depends on how meticulous you want to be regarding what you add. Looking at eagle placement alone, there's nothing wrong here.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
                    Eagles had a textbook placement as well, but application varied here too. It depends on how meticulous you want to be regarding what you add. Looking at eagle placement alone, there's nothing wrong here.

J-
                    Thank you for your opinion

Do you see anything else about it? I mean, an issue which would make it a non desirable tunic?

Regards

Comment

I had wanted to jump in on the previous topics to try and help you out. But as far as vetting these pieces as a whole, I'm a specialized collector and not the best resource for you in this area.

J-

Comment

Hey Pedro.

If you still look for an untouched signals tunic...

Here is one from one of forums sponsors currently for sale, i considered this one myself actually...

With the photo of the wearer...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X