X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schuma tunic

Is this good one? looks like ss schuma tunic
    ----------
    Last edited by Turunmurre; 10-04-2015, 03:20 PM.

Originally posted by Turunmurre View Post
    Is this good one? looks like ss schuma tunic
    ----------
    http://regimentals.co.uk/viewphoto.p...h=64242&phqu=5

Comment

Looks like SD collar tabs (or blank Foreign volunteers W-SS)

Almost Polizei Grün wool this color but its not a Polizei tunic...all pockets unpleated
      with straight flap chest and M42 skirt pockets
      Attached Files

Comment

Inside and sleeve...
        Attached Files

Comment

Details..
          Attached Files

Comment

More
            Attached Files

Comment

Its a mix of Schuma and SD insignia.... Note black backed shoulderboards...
              There was an SD School somewhere in Belarus if I remember correctly that trained Schuma men...
              Attached Files

Comment

Not sure why SD tunic would have a Schuma patch. The patch in itself is original. Also EK rippon looks like a later add on.

Comment

Looking at it more closely...
                  Redone?

Have the pockets been reattached? moved over to the side?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Inside...It looks more Polizei green than field gray but its no a polizei pattern cut
                    Attached Files

Comment

The SS-Hstuf rank litzen look bad, the tabs are just sat on top like they were added yesterday which knowing the source isn't that surprising. There is quite clear signs of Police/Heer litzen as Nick pointed out.

Ian

Comment

It is not a police cut tunic, though it could have been reworked. If it were a rebuilt tunic, the pocket pleats could have been removed on the upper pockets, and they appear to be a slightly different shade. The overall color is right for such a tunic, however.

It definitely had regular army / police length tabs on the collar.

Given the scarcity of these tunics, it's hard to say what is proper. I personally would wait for another, but that's just me.

s/f Robert

Comment

IMOTo me personally, it don't look right, could be wrong as another member said correctly, they are so rare it's hard to get a read on them.

All pockets look a shade darker green than the tunic. Replaced or moved, or could be a different fabric vendor.

Collar insignia definitely replaced from original IMO army EM long tabs. IMO this, to me, would indicate it was not an original issued tunic, makes one wonder what else was added or replaced.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X