No announcement yet.

Lt. Felbluse opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, I must say I am disappointed for Pedro. This would have made him a great tunic.

I went to the post office and completed all of the forms. A little while later I got a call for post office, so I went back over to see what was going on. Apparently, if you ship any type of clothing to Spain you need a certificate of disinfection. The guy at the post office told me that only a few countries in the world require this.

I listed "old used jacket" on the form, and I was told that Spainish customs would immediately open the package and look for the certification. They would either confiscate it, or return it to me. Either way, Pedro doesn't get his tunic.

I thought it best just to send him a refund.

Pedro is a good guy. Prompt payment and no worries. If anyone inEurope has a good starter tunic for him, please PM him.

Comment

Good to know about shipping tunics to Spain!

Comment

Thank you Bob for your good words.
        I know that most of you will know how he is, but is fair to say that this deal would have been a perfect one if it were not because of some stupid trading laws.

Once said that, I have been reading about this issue and I have reached the conclussion that it is just another rule which tries to prevent European people from purchasing US made products. Just commercial politics ( we don`t need anything if we buy a ton of rotten potatoes from China, but we need a compulsory form if we want to buy clothes from the States... it doesn't have any sense)
        And this stupid rule is just when purchasing from the States... neither from Europe nor from Canada... just from the States... Perhaps an inherited punishment from the time when Spain was ruled by a pseudo comunist, anti American government?? Who knows....

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

That must be new. I have mailed WWII German clothing items to Spain within the last 5+- years and never had any problems.

Comment

It is a precaution against the Schwein flu...

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X