Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH medical officers collar tab..need some info and input

Hello All,

Recently bought htis set only because the tab was somewhat intriguing to me - It looks period and OK, dark blue waffenfarbe. The construction also looks OK.

But the collar of the underlay is something I never saw before, beeing tan or beige it looks almost like something from a DAK uniform. I was also sew on the tunic with the same color thread.

I have been looking through all my reference-books but to no avail.

Can anyone help here..?..I am unsure where it belongs, DAK, südfront, Drillich or something else.
    And if anyone can point me to a reference I would be greatful.

Best

Hans Kristian
    Attached Files

Details..
    Attached Files

Comment

even more details..
      Attached Files

Comment

Is the bullion embroidered directly into the tan material or glued/sewn on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          Is the bullion embroidered directly into the tan material or glued/sewn on there?
          Johnny, thanks, I will do more detailed pictures tomorrow when the sun is up.

I have problems eeeing if the bullion is sewn into the backing..

Hans Kristian

Comment

I cannot tell either. The Buckram looks like there are glue stains.

Comment

Hello,

It appears to me that somebody trimmed the base material off this collar tab and sewed it to a piece of off-white drillich material. Look all the way around the edge and it appears to be pull marks from the thread. IMHO.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello,

It appears to me that somebody trimmed the base material off this collar tab and sewed it to a piece of off-white drillich material. Look all the way around the edge and it appears to be pull marks from the thread. IMHO.

Fred
                That is also what I thought may be going on.

Comment

Johnny, Fred, thanks for the input.

Here are som macro photos from the edges, which clearly shows the threads that Fred mentioned.

I have been looking in much printed material for somehting like this on a tropical uniform, but it seems to me that most officers use the continental type of tabs.

And ofcourse my question is: Could this be a field-made conversion to some officer who wanted to make his tunic look extra smart..?..and did anyone ever see officers tabs with a light backing in the tropic or southern front..?..

Or is is just a bad joke..?..

BTW, it is not a question about me wanting this to be real, I am just curious..

Hans Kristian
                  Attached Files

Comment

..last pict..
                    Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth, I think this is wartime. An enterprising doctor wanted better-looking tabs for a warm-weather or summer tunic rather than just the usual continental style.

Don

Comment

I agree, I have no problems with the idea they would do this. Hard to say 100% it is wartime done but it would be a modification that would make the tunic appear much nicer IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          .. but it would be a modification that would make the tunic appear much nicer IMO.
                          I agree totally on this one, would be very nice on a süfront unic in Italy imo.

THanks for the input so far.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X