An help for an unknown tunic.....part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An help for an unknown tunic.....part I

Don't know at all if this is the right section where to post this tunic but due arrived just today from Germany, together with another unknown one posted in the "Imperial Section" I am very curious t know what could be. I apologize if this can also be BW or something else...in this case I pray mods to move in the right section. Found in an attic and sotred by the family since many years.... In the pocket there were an old crayon!!
    Thanks a lot for attention.

P.S. The piping is a deep ORANGE and the metal insinia are two bronze and one silver...sorry for the bad quality of the pictures but today light is not as support....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Reichspost Post collar patches .
                  IMO a Reichspost jacket , period regarding the making and the closed collar .
                  Nick

Comment

My opinion/ "guess" would be Postal, also.... but IMO most probably early POSTWAR.... could also be some sort of "Driver/workers" (Street Cars, Trams) depends on piping color and possible fading...

Certainly if 3rd Reich period would be an unusual jacket... probably under appreciated but worthy of it's place in history, thus collecting.

Real question is vintage.... I have no expertise in Postal except the basics.
                    John G.

Comment

Can you post pictures of the inside lining.

Comment

Thanks to John and Johnny,will do more pictures asap
                        At first I thought too about some postal service but doing a quick research nothing similar appeared!

Comment

War time postal IMO! (belongs in the civil section where a few more just popped up, one with a 1944 date!)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=823405

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            War time postal IMO! (belongs in the civil section where a few more just popped up, one with a 1944 date!)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=823405
                            Great Nick
                            Seems you made bingo!
                            Thanks a lot!

Comment

Pretty sure it is war time postal, correct insignia rank would be the 2 gold stars alone. Not sure why the silver stars, but IMO they shouldn't be there.

The guys kid was playing with his/her crayon, found the 2 silver stars and stuck them there while playing; then the war ended.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X