Volkssturm Breast Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkssturm Breast Eagles

Hi, Was hoping I could get some input as to the $$$ value on these two Volkssturm Breast eagles that I have here. I'm trying to work a trade with a fella and I have no idea what these run for. Appreciate the input!
    Attached Files

Hi, I don't believe these are Volkssturm Breast eagles . I believe they are early standard Heer breast eagles. I am sure others will respond if I am incorrect.
    John

Comment

These are early eagles mainly used on the Waffenrock but also later on other tunics. There is no such thing as a "Volksturm Breast Eagle". They used pretty much any kind of national insignia and uniform items they could find for the most part.

Comment

Johnny if of course absolutely accurate, as usual.
        The only thing that was regulated in the Volksstorm were:
        collar rank insignia system (just pips or pips on black collar tabs, mirrored) + their unique VS arm bands...
        There simply was no clothing, nor insignia Volkssturm pattern for anything else...they wore hand-me-downs from many sources!
        (if they were lucky enough)

Sometimes these parade dress eagles (in trimmed version) are offered erroneously as rare DAK officers eagles because of the gray-ish tan backing,
        but of course they were intended in this two-tone color scheme for the parade uniform (most of the time) !
        Last edited by NickG; 09-21-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks, the grayish backing is why the fella said they were Volkssturm. Appreciate the help. What would the value be for one?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Shaffer View Post
            Thanks, the grayish backing is why the fella said they were Volkssturm. Appreciate the help. What would the value be for one?
            Here's a dealer priced one...at$65 (I would say perhaps $45-$55 range)

http://www.jessensrelics.com/ACMI/ACMI-057.html

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Comment

Early Eagles used on waffenrocks and the light weight tunics. Value 40-50 used. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X