Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model is this one?

Hi everyone

Could someone please tell me which model this is? I assumed it's a M36 tunic, but it hasn't got 5 buttons. Or is this common for tailor-made tunics?

From the single picture it looks like a typical mid to later War tunic made for an officer for "front" and everyday garrison wear.

Comment

Ahaa. So it don't is an early tunic at all if I understand you correctly? Can we still say something about the model it is supposed to "represent"?

I've added some close-ups of the effects, if those can help.

Comment

Nice private purchase officers uniform with( later ) 6 buttons...

Comment

As Johnny said it is mid to late war,which from 1941 onwards.Interesting "cut" on the pocket flaps,also,the wearer must has Austrian origin
          Notis

Comment

Originally posted by siton12 View Post
            As Johnny said it is mid to late war,which from 1941 onwards.Interesting "cut" on the pocket flaps,also,the wearer must has Austrian origin
            Notis
            Thanks for the input.
            Why do you think he must have had Austrian origin?

Comment

Collectors refer to these sometimes as "Officer M36 tunics", but I do not think they were referred to as such during the time period. The "Austrian" comment comes form the highly scalloped pocket flaps, but that could also just be a tailor's preference.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                The "Austrian" comment comes form the highly scalloped pocket flaps, but that could also just be a tailor's preference.

Don
                I agree and have seen these on tunics made in Northern Germany etc. It may have also been an option for the wearer to specify etc.

Comment

To me, true "Austrian" tailoring involves very unique pocket tailoring with the wide "bar" of fabric at the top of the pocket - here's a pre-WWII Austrian tunic adopted for use in the Wehrmacht:

Comment

This, one is a typical Austrian one. Not the one of Jurrgie.
                    Attached Files
                    http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

And here is a converted standard pre-war Austrian tunic with the same jacket shown also in wear during the War with British POWs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X