Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's play : unknown uniforms / units to identify !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's play : unknown uniforms / units to identify !

Hi guys,

I went through my pictures collections and there are pictures I've a hard time identify. I would be very happy if some of you could help me putting a name on the unit pictures there!

Thanks in advance !

best,

Max

1/

2/ Obviously a late war picture (M43 caps) but very heterogeneous uniforms and equipments (camo helmet covers + pickaxe...).

3/ Here also strange uniform combination, especially the one on the far left: no breast eagle, no collar tabs... I would guess Volkssturm but nothing certain.

4/ Luftwaffe overseas caps + uniforms without breast eagle or collar tabs. I would guess Volkssturm as well...

5/ French picture ("carte postale" printed on the back) with French uniform but German overseas cap and double armband: Swastika and "Deutsche Wehrmacht"...

Number 1 = Technische Nothilfe working for the Kriegsmarine I believe...(wearing KM bordmutzen)
    Technical experts...assigned to KM installations.

Number 2 = Heer

Number 3 = Transport Korps SPeer (TKS) with TKS collar patches and typical TKS black M43 field caps! No doubts!

Number 4 = Luftwaffe related obviously...(caps and buckles) probably auxiliary capacity...(older troops..Flak helfer?) all wearing Czech uniforms...
    maybe fatigue duty work uniforms?

Number 5 = Org Todt (typical OT uniform, even the leather leggings are common...beute stuck, French or Belgian inventories)
    Last edited by NickG; 09-10-2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for these precise and quick answers !!

I dare to post another batch if it's so easy for you

6/ What seems to be a Fliegerbluse with Polizei collar boards ?

7/

8/ One has a Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss but no eagle on the caps. Looks post-war to me.

9/ Seems like a normal late-war picture but I'm intrigued by the guy wearing civilian clothes but a M43 cap

Comment

6 = Luftschutz polizei

7 = Bahnschutz with foreign uniform components...(perhaps Austrian Rail mix...transitional!)

8 = post war (Hungarian I think?)
        Last edited by NickG; 09-10-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks again!

What about this one ? Org. Todt right ?

10/

Comment

Picture # 8 is of postwar Austrian Bundesheer GJ soldiers in the 1950s.

Comment

Johnny is of course right it is Austrian...# 8
              The Austro Hungarian empire history means Austrian uniforms can have Hungarian traits (collar insignia)!
              Yes post war Austrian GJ!

Image 10 = indeed another Org Todt! Great photos. Org Todt enlisted uniforms almost look like LW fliegerblusen
              but with exposed buttons!

Comment

OK my turn...
                What are we looking at here?
                Attached Files

Comment

Some interesting photos for sure however it reminded me that the host of this game was in error when he submitted the following photo to Bill Petz' RGG/HG thread as "HG Panzerschutzen". These men are in fact NSKK personnel in service of the Luftwaffe (2nd Regt. in Italy)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    Some interesting photos for sure however it reminded me that the host of this game was in error when he submitted the following photo to Bill Petz' RGG/HG thread as "HG Panzerschutzen". These men are in fact NSKK personnel in service of the Luftwaffe (2nd Regt. in Italy)
                    Thanks for the correction OSS. Can you tell me how you identified them as NSKK personnel ? I must admit I wouldn't have guessed. I have also this picture from the same lot BTW.

Comment

Number 1 = The collar tabs look Postal or transit authority to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                        OK my turn...
                        What are we looking at here?
                        I would say a repurposed KNIL tunic

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          Johnny is of course right it is Austrian...# 8
                          The Austro Hungarian empire history means Austrian uniforms can have Hungarian traits (collar insignia)!
                          Yes post war Austrian GJ!

Image 10 = indeed another Org Todt! Great photos. Org Todt enlisted uniforms almost look like LW fliegerblusen
                          but with exposed buttons!
                          The tradition is not Hungarian, it is from the collective tradition of uniforms of the k.u.k. Army. These types of collar tabs were used on Hungarian and Austrian overcoats after WWI. This example is from an Austrian overcoat dating to the early 1930s
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                            Thanks for the correction OSS. Can you tell me how you identified them as NSKK personnel ? I must admit I wouldn't have guessed. I have also this picture from the same lot BTW.
                            The black caps (which probably caused you to think Panzer) are a (M-43) type of cap worn by NSKK (and later TKS) personnel (see photo #3). In the second photo you posted from the same unit you will see one of the men wearing the earlier NSKK overseas cap with the two aluminum buttons.
                            Attached Files

Comment

OK thanks for the info. I guessed Panzer because the M43 were black but also because they have a front button and a luftwaffe eagle, not this specific NSKK eagle. I think the front lap pocket on the trousers reminded me of the assault gun pants and I missed the 2 buttons overseas cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X