Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenrock n°1: artillerie

Hello,

I'd like to hear all your opinions about 3 waffenrock I owe and that I would like to put into sell (or trade for medals).

The first one is this artillerie one, which is original for me but with some things remplaced:

My opinion:
    - collar tabs are OK, both ranks too (but one is replaced)
    - eagle and arm band could be Ok but I'm now doubtful
    - no problem with the jacket itself.

Thanks for reading, and I'm waiting for your comments.

Gorg.

Hi Gorg,
    Nice original custom tailored tunic, although not sure about some of the insignia. For me, the eagle is probably replaced.
    Thank you,
    Curtiss

Comment

Hello,

What do you mean by "not sure about some of the insignia"? Not sure about the originality or not sure about to know if it's replaced or not?
      What would help more? Closest pics maybe?

Gorg.

Comment

Hi Gorg,
        To clarify my statement concerning the insignia, I mostly was referring to the eagle being probably replaced. The collar tabs are attached in a manner I have not seen before, where I cannot see the thread on the underside. It may be that they were attached before the backing cloth was attached. Otherwise, it is a nice looking, original tunic.
        Thank you,
        Curtss

Comment

The tabs were machine sewn and then the lining was hand sewn to the under collar. The tresse later was machine sewn. This is an unusual way to do it but it was done this way and I have seen it before. It is similar to the machine sewn Armelplatten where the cuffs like the collar were cut and made separately and later the lining materials were added.

Comment

Thanks for this knowledges guys!

It's not all perfect but it's nevertheless a good one.

Gorg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X