Brass Prussian Wappen or buckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass Prussian Wappen or buckle?

I found this brass buckle or plate amoung my Uncles gun and Militaria collection. I have not been able to identify what it was attached to. I am hoping the forum members can help me out.

Delete photo
    Last edited by Lisa_Hendler; 11-09-2015, 12:18 AM. Reason: Wrong photo

Comment

eagle

It might help to show the reverse side and give the dimensions. The "American" looking shield on the breast looks unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
        It might help to show the reverse side and give the dimensions. The "American" looking shield on the breast looks unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_Hendler View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

The "Prussian" Eagle "plate" is a poorly cast fantasy "decorative item", not "period" ... probably from the 1970s/80s, much too poorly done to be German, brass looks like "modern India Brass"... I remember seeing these at "Pier One Imports" because of their look alike appearance, but unfortunately...not of any historical or collector value IMHO.

The Oval one is supposed to be an early 1800s US Artilleryman's plate- also looks doubtful but reverse pictures of that are necessary before more comment is possible...

John G.
                Mainemilitaria

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                  The "Prussian" Eagle "plate" is a poorly cast fantasy "decorative item", not "period" ... probably from the 1970s/80s, much too poorly done to be German, brass looks like "modern India Brass"... I remember seeing these at "Pier One Imports" because of their look alike appearance, but unfortunately...not of any historical or collector value IMHO.

The Oval one is supposed to be an early 1800s US Artilleryman's plate- also looks doubtful but reverse pictures of that are necessary before more comment is possible...

John G.
                  Mainemilitaria
                  Thanks ,
                  This is the back of the oval one.

Comment

Thanks for the response J. My uncles passed in 1975 at 80. So It was unusual for his ollection to have any junk in it . Maybe he got them as gifts from unknowing relatives.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X