griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDB Application Were They Ever Machine Sewn ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDB Application Were They Ever Machine Sewn ???

Need some help please with TDB application. I have come across one that appears to have been machine stitched. Were they ever worn this way. Also if so does anyone have any pictures?? Thanks, Mark.

What is TDB?

Steve
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Tank Destruction Badge

Comment

I gues it was possible, if a willing company taylor had a machine available or a mom or wife at home? J

Comment

It would be possible but the awards are fairly thick and sewing inside the sleeve with a machine foot etc would not be really easy. Sewing on by hand was much easier and what I have seen most often.

Comment

TDB Application

Thanks for the info so far. So does anyone have any pics of TBDs that are machine sewn?? I would like to restore this one to a tunic but don't want to if it is incorrect to machine sew it. Thanks. Mark.

Comment

Hello as I said johnny those seen in books, in pictures and in a uniform winning hand of a TDB is sewn by hand.
              just what I've seen.
              I've never seen one machine, surely there will be a photo that say the opposite hand is easier

xisco

Comment

sewing

Of course it's possible, but, like Kuban and other arm shields, a metal backing plate does not make it very practical. Common sense.

Comment

Tdb

All makes great sense. Thank you again for all of the input. I do appreciate it very much, Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X