No announcement yet.

Battle damaged field blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much anytime I buy out my area of knowledge I will post it here first. My parents were antique dealers and people used to bring stuff like this to shows with similar stories. They would bring stuff home for me they bought. After a couple of turds I told them just to not bother. This was long before cell phones and cameras which makes checking easier.

Comment

I can not say if it is good or not, but I have worked several movie sets and it looks just like stuff that the prop-masters would do.
      Look at behind the scene takes of Saving Private Ryan and other films, you will see the same effect on both US and German actors.
      Movie memerobilia brings good money on eBay, and it has its own following. You may be able to recover your investment.
      One side note, take a black light to the shoulder boards, they will probably glow very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
        I can not say if it is good or not, but I have worked several movie sets and it looks just like stuff that the prop-masters would do.
        Look at behind the scene takes of Saving Private Ryan and other films, you will see the same effect on both US and German actors.
        Movie memerobilia brings good money on eBay, and it has its own following. You may be able to recover your investment.
        One side note, take a black light to the shoulder boards, they will probably glow very bright.
        No glow but with all the insight I'm sure they are correct it's bad.

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
          I know I am late to the party on this one, but I agree that this is a reproduction tunic. It would be nice if you could re-coup your costs as a former theater/movie piece.
          Thank you,
          Curtiss

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X