Battle damaged field blouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle damaged field blouse

An interesting shop walk in with the story that the it came from a US 106th Division veteran who said he took the jacket from a German soldier he wounded with a grenade and then took prisoner. Appears all original though the vet had cut the breast eagle off and put it in the pocket and years later one of his kids had it sewn back on.
    Attached Files

The damage includes both blast shrapnel and flame damage.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can you post some more clear pictures, I am not sure that this is original. A shot of the underside of the collar and lining material will help to see if it is original.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        Can you post some more clear pictures, I am not sure that this is original. A shot of the underside of the collar and lining material will help to see if it is original.
        Here you are. Input and knowledge appreciated! Long story but would be odd if if it proved fake but stranger things have happened! Here are shots of under the collar where the tabs lay, one side is where there is severe damage.
        Attached Files

Comment

It is fake for me, probably made by a company called storm.

Comment

A couple of lining shots, not honestly sure what important to show!
            Attached Files

Comment

Straps?
              Attached Files

Comment

Not looking any better. Straps for me also are bad sorry.

Comment

Agree,bad tunic and shoulder straps...Looks like blow torch damage.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Knowing nothing about uniforms ... but you have to wonder ... in war time, in the fast paced atmosphere of a dressing station or hospital why a uniform blood soaked and torn would even be kept, much less survive till today. I can't imagine the owner having the means or desire to pack this along with him if he headed home for recuperation ...

Comment

Not looking any better. Straps for me also are bad sorry.
                      No sweat! Thanks! If ya'll are 100% on this I'll dustbin it. One of the pitfalls of buying collections is you take things you don't know about with the stuff you do. Fortunatly the blades were good and more than make up the loss but it's frustrating, I probably would have bought this as a single piece had I seen it! Only things I didn't like were lack of markings and straps looked newer than the uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                        Knowing nothing about uniforms ... but you have to wonder ... in war time, in the fast paced atmosphere of a dressing station or hospital why a uniform blood soaked and torn would even be kept, much less survive till today. I can't imagine the owner having the means or desire to pack this along with him if he headed home for recuperation ...
                        The story was the GI who wounded him took it home. But apparently he took it home rather later !

Comment

I would not throw it away, people will buy things like this as a reproduction that cannot afford originals. You should be able to get 50-100 bucks out of it if you find the right buyer.

Comment

I would not throw it away, people will buy things like this as a reproduction that cannot afford originals. You should be able to get 50-100 bucks out of it if you find the right buyer.
                            I guess it's up for grabs I just don't like the thought that I might be the 2nd worst on German cloth and someone might end up paying real $ for it down the road!

Comment

Agreed reenactment piece with artificial damage + a cool story!
                              The pictures are bad but the lining and collar backing makes that clear!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X