Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overcoat of Mountain Troops Motorcycle Units

Hello All,

I would like to share this nice overcoat with you. I believe the coat is private purchased, the shoulder boards have light green waffenfarbe, a Gebirgsjager arm badge, and a Schirrmeister badge, which is a very interesting combination and I believe this guy was part of mountain troops motorcycle units. Any other thoughts?

Also we have seen a lot discussions on the "light green" vs. "dark green", "Panzergrenadier" or "Mountain troops". I hope this thread can contribute to the discussion.

Thanks.

Best,
    Shawn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Seems a bit overdone with officer boards and a NCO trade patch.... Matt

Comment

coat

Though not conclusive it appears the same thread may have been used to poorly stitch on the mt. and Schirrmeister badges and if you removed them (after close inspection) you would have a fine Pz. Gren. officer's overcoat.

Comment

I tend to agree with the above statement, the trade patch and more so, the edelweiss patch are very poorly sewn and I can see that the edelweiss it may have come off of another article of clothing at one time in it's history. Also,the piping is for the more desirable PZ Grenadiers not not GJ. Just the same, nice coat!

Steve

Comment

Yep, ditch the unrelated NCO trade patch and unrelated edelweiss and you will have a nice PzGren offier's overcoat! I agree fully!
              and "less" is more, as the saying goes!

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                Though not conclusive it appears the same thread may have been used to poorly stitch on the mt. and Schirrmeister badges and if you removed them (after close inspection) you would have a fine Pz. Gren. officer's overcoat.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Cut that crap off, it does not belong. Matt

Comment

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your expertise. I have uploaded more pics of the stitching. How do we know whether this is the original stitch or not? The UV test of the thread is okay. That's all I know right now. But someone can still stitch the badges with original thread. Need you expertise here.

Again, thanks for your help!

Best,
                        Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                          Cut that crap off, it does not belong. Matt
                          Matt, thanks for your quick response! I am really confused here. So it's a panzer grenadier coat not a mountain troop one?

Best,
                          Shawn

Comment

As said before, the trade patch and edelweiss was added and does not belong. J

Comment

The boards are Resedagrün (lime green) for Panzer Grenadier units. The coat has nothing to do with Gebirgsjager that's why the poorly applied patches were a post war addition.

Nice mantel
                              sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X