Panzer cockade insignia thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer cockade insignia thoughts

I'm not that good with insignia. But these look to be close. WAntes to get some other thoughts too.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

Old well known repros.
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
        Old well known repros.
        Nick

I agree.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Old well known repros.
          Nick

Comment

I know diddly sqwat about these but if it may be of assistance...Just some pick ups from long ago, all from the same source. I was told that the top silver & left white cap insignia set (which include wreaths that look like your silver & white wreaths) were repros but the grey set with a slightly larger and different design was (supposively) correct.

Hope this helps

Regards

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

All of the grey on black insignia is original. The white on black and silver on black pieces are reproduction. The original wreaths are larger than the reproduction pieces. I do not believe that any of these pieces are original cut-offs. It appears by the consistency of the sewing that they were mounted on the black cloth all at the same time.

Fred

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation about the grey on black set Fred. I appreciate these arent "cut offs" in the traditional sens but all the stuff I got in that lot were mounted that way. Here are some breast eagles from the same batch with the same type backing: Heer silver on dark green, Panzer white & grey on black, KM on dark blue etc. I have other "bevos" from that bunch somewhere that I never took pictures of (eg Heer grey on tan, KM costal artillery on green and blue on white etc)

Regards

JC
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X