Artillery Capt. Tunic direct from vet's widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artillery Capt. Tunic direct from vet's widow

This was part of stash I picked up from vet's widow last weekend. Just posting pics of it. Moderate wear but solid condition. This one has dark green collar, one set of loops prob for EK1.
    Attached Files

more

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

additional

shots
      Attached Files

Comment

a few

more
        Attached Files

Comment

still

more
          Attached Files

Comment

?

comments please?

Comment

Good score!

Comment

Is that a French made eagle? It looks very similar to the French made ss eagles. The way the stitching goes?

Comment

not sure

Not sure, the vet served in Italy (Sicily, Anzio, Rome, Po Valley), France and Germany. Widow couldn't advise where he sent the tunic and hat back from. France is a possibility for where tunic was made as there is no tailor label.

Comment

Great looking tunic. These eagles are among my favorite patterns, no idea if they are French made or not but I see the resemblance. This style of eagle is usually on early tunics and most often Kav tunics for some reason or at least that has been my experience. Matt

Comment

The boards appear to be Parade Quality although it is difficult to tell for sure from the photos. So my question is are they really parade quality shoulder boards or just appear to be from the photos?
                      Marion

Comment

no

NO, believe they are regulation issue, not as bright and shiny in normal light, this was made outdoors in sunlight with flash, thus shine

Comment

Nice tunic. Very interesting eagle

Comment

Very nice detailing to the pocket flaps, nicely tailored collar, very nice size - and from the vet's family. Congratulations!

The insignia is nicely matched; it looks like the slightly subdued variety. I have one of those eagles mounted from the Italian campaign - I like them.

All in all, very nice.

s/f Robert

Comment

artillery nco m36

nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X