Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on this jacket

Dear All,

First i wish you all and Healthy and Good 2005!

Secondly, can soembody please give me his opinion on this jacket.

Many thanks in adance.

Rene
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Tunic looks ok but the breast eagle looks reapplied.The fraying around the edges suggests that.

Shoulder boards IMO replaced as well.Even though wool boards are commonly seen on hbt,these look to be blue green and suggest a bit too earlier vintage.
            I would expect to see field gray wool.Also the fact that the tunic has a sleeve edelweiss,the red artillery piping is incorrect as well.If anything they should be mountain troop green.

I cant tell with the application of the litzen but this is a 3rd model hbt and should have mouse gray litzen.Even not having closeup,you can see this is the earlier style with what looks like a blue green centre stripe ,not mouse gray.
            The tunic looks genuine.Most probaly started out as a stripped tunic.

An inside shot of the lining proper would help as well.
            Last edited by keifer kahn; 01-02-2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Ren, like Keifer has suggested I too think that the tunic may well have had the insignia reapplied, the breast eagle is certainly a replacement.

The combination of RB number and a makers name is interesting and worth recording for reference

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Dear Keifer and Adrian,

Many thanks for your replies!!

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

I can only quote what the others said. Could you post a pic of the GJ insigna (the Edelweiss)?
                  Regards,
                  Junior.

Comment

Artillery boards and Edelweiss sleeve badge in same tunic is possible. Also, Pioneer, Transport, Medic, Nachrichten, even pink Panzer Jäger etc. boards were worn by personel that were entitled to wear Edelweiss. For example someone who was serving in Gebirgs-Artillerie-Regiment 118 of 6th Gebirgs Division would be wearing boards with red piping and Edelweiss badge on his sleeve. Same goes for other units in this Division: Gebirgs Nachrichten Abteilung 91 is light yellow, Panzerjäger Abteilung 47 is pink and since they attached to Gebirgs Division they most likely had Edelweiss on their sleeve and so on.

Otherwise I agree that this tunic has replaced insignia. Which is ok if it is original and price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordfront
                      Artillery boards and Edelweiss sleeve badge in same tunic is possible. Also, Pioneer, Transport, Medic, Nachrichten, even pink Panzer Jäger etc. boards were worn by personel that were entitled to wear Edelweiss. For example someone who was serving in Gebirgs-Artillerie-Regiment 118 of 6th Gebirgs Division would be wearing boards with red piping and Edelweiss badge on his sleeve. Same goes for other units in this Division: Gebirgs Nachrichten Abteilung 91 is light yellow, Panzerjäger Abteilung 47 is pink and since they attached to Gebirgs Division they most likely had Edelweiss on their sleeve and so on.

Otherwise I agree that this tunic has replaced insignia. Which is ok if it is original and price is right.
                      Hear, hear ... I fully comply !

MfG,
                      Bart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X