Heer Major's Military Police Field Gray Wrapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Major's Military Police Field Gray Wrapper

I have been offered a nice period tailored Heer pattern major's field gray wrapper with sewn in orange piped major boards, nice flat wire breast eagle officer quality, officer mp litzen and a silver bullion police sleeve eagle and
    feldgendarmerie cufftitle. My question is, did such an animal exist?

I will post pics over the weekend, but if you tell me that no such animal exists, then I won't pursue the trade. This uniform has been in his collection since
    1990's.

thanks, Bill

Just about anything was done and existed, wether that was official is a different story. So always good to get photo evidence of the anomalies during the war. J

Comment

Let's talk the pictures !
      I already had in my hands a field grey wrapper with Feldpost badges ...
      So why not ?
      Nick

Comment

"feldgendarmerie wrapper" if existed wouldn't it be really exotic but personally I can hardly believe it did

Comment

Hi there,

I would agree with Jacques. Many things were created that were not by the book, or even officially authorized. An officer could have had a nicer version of a service uniform tailored. Even if nobody has seen one before doesn't mean it didn't exist. I've found things that veteran collectors of decades hadn't seen or didn't think existed. So virtually anything is possible.

That said, we can all spout theories around. The final proof is in the pudding.

J-

Comment

prelim pics

Here are preliminary pics on mannequin before the possible trade, will post more detailed ones late next week, but a few to whet the palate. LOL
            Attached Files

Comment

additional

pics
              Attached Files

Comment

From what i see i like it. And as written, nearly everything is possible. Because its not somewhere in a book doesnt mean it never exists. Officers was able to choose where they go when they let do a tunic, and if someone wants something special the taylor did it. So for me this Tunic looks promising....

Comment

Even if it is a fantasy peace, to me it looks great display.

Comment

Pretty sure I recall a thread regarding this subject with photographic evidence.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
                      Pretty sure I recall a thread regarding this subject with photographic evidence.

-Ray-
                      Afraid either this or maybe a in-depth hands on inspection would be the only way to truly rule this one.

Looks like it could be tried and true from the pics... just super hard to say for certain if it's period.

- Jeremy

Comment

101% right. A Handinspection special with cloth items is the only and best way to be absolute correct. But as i say this one really looks very very nice. If it turn out to be a fake, what i dont think....i take it

Originally posted by Kengir View Post
                        Afraid either this or maybe a in-depth hands on inspection would be the only way to truly rule this one.

Looks like it could be tried and true from the pics... just super hard to say for certain if it's period.

- Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post

-Ray-
                          Ray, here you go. Long thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ce+wrap&page=2

Comment

Can anyone post a photographic evidence feldgendarmerie wearing a wrap please!

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
                              Can anyone post a photographic evidence feldgendarmerie wearing a wrap please!
                              They wear it be sure about. I had one in my collection and this one was without a doubt the real deal. I do have somewhere a picture too...as soon as i find it i post it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X