Early Panzer wrap - Schmidt & Zoeltsch, München

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrap;

Fantastic 2nd pattern. Congrats on your aquisition.
    Dirk

Comment

Very nice 2nd pattern indeed.
      One of my favorite uniforms ever made
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful wrap congrats! has been shortened a bit which makes it even better IMO

Comment

…very nice Panzerfeldjacke for a very good price (including the pants ;-) ).

Comment

Hello PZKG,
            also a very nice wrap, thanks for posting.

What do you think, was the former Afrikakorps-cufftitle on the wrap a black one?

Regards,

collani

Comment

Originally posted by collani View Post
              Hello PZKG,
              also a very nice wrap, thanks for posting.

What do you think, was the former Afrikakorps-cufftitle on the wrap a black one?

Regards,

collani
              No, a black one would be wider.

Comment

Guys, tell me please who is the lucky owner of the wrap starting this thread right now ???

Comment

First very nice model, congratulations to owner

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                    the cufftitle was period removed according to regulations. It is not a good idea to reapply it.
                    LuckyStrike is absolutely correct,

the soldiers of the Afrikakorps were only allowed to wearing that formation cuff-title for a specified period of time 1941-42. This was worn (unofficially ? but with pride) on uniforms like the black panzer wrap while home in Germany for what ever reason i.e. leave, training, hospital recovery. It was also worn sometimes on a black wrap in Afrika but such photos are very rare.

Once the DAK ceased to exist and it became "Army Afrika" etc 1942-43, the soldiers were ordered were to remove the "Afrikakorps" C/T". Then with the official creation of the campaign award of the "Afrika" C/T in 1943, any former member of the DAK who qualified was to wear that C/T on the other sleeve and the continued wearing of Afrikakorps C/T was strictly forbidden.

If this amazing wrap was mine, I would not try to put an "Afrikakorps" C/T back on it because all you will achieve is a, " its been dicked with" look that everyone will question and few will believe. Leave the sleeve that has had the Afrikakorps C/T exactly as it is. That way any collector who knows his stuff can clearly see that the C/T was once there and that this Panzerwaffe member was once part of the DAK. Plus the wrap now comply's with the regulations of late 1942 - 43 as it was worn in the later half of WW2.

Thank you for showing, it is a real find of outstanding quality but please leave it in the original untouched condition, as it was found for the years 1943 - 45

Chris

Comment

Outstanding

Excellent piece and I agree with Chris. I would not add a thing.
                      BRAVO!!!
                      Michael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X