Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Rank Transfer between Branches of Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question I can not find a good answer on. I hope this is the appropriate page to ask.
    If a man who had rank and numerous awards in the Luft. or KM , was later transferred to the infantry , would he retain his rank or be automatically reduced?
    Thanks for any help, Michael

This is the photo in question and/or at least an example of what I was referring to. It seems odd to be so highly decorated, with no rank . Since he was in the KM based on his E Boot badge, and was moved to infantry I was just wondering if he would lost his rank in that transfer?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Rank transfers from what I understand. He isn't THAT heavily awarded. Very believable for these awards with this rank IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
        Rank transfers from what I understand. He isn't THAT heavily awarded. Very believable for these awards with this rank IMO.
        Tnanks, I count 8 awards. Seems high to me for a Schutze.

Comment

Look closley at his shoulderstap ...it looks like he is an unteroffizer .
          Attached Files

Comment

5 awards-there are only 3 ribbons. He has tresse on his collar and is a Sgt. This is a well known photo. He was one of many KM guys that ended up fighting as Infantry in the last months of the War. They were issued whatever clothing was found that was not blue or white.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I guess I can see subdued Tresse on his shoulders, on his collar it is harder to tell if that is just a seam or subdued Tresse, but I will accept it is. When blown up as large as I can make it while keeping it clear, I see the first two awards (from left) are large versions , single ribbons and not applied via a bar. The third or right one, looks like two or one I do not recognize ?
              Since it appears he is an Unteroffizier then the awards would seem to be totally in line and correct.
              The pudgy reenactor looking kid in the back ground with funky hair threw me off too! Also these are the most well fed, high moral , good spirited late war Germans I have ever seen ! Ha ha !
              Thanks again for the help accompanied with explanations. M

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X