Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nebelwerfen tunic

hello,

I would like your opinions on this tunic.

I'll do better pictures tomorrow.

than you for your opinions !

regards
    Attached Files

insignias reapplied ? or just used ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Is there a name in it? With the pictures here it looks like a collector restoration.

Comment

the name was erased (wash ?)

Comment

bis
            Attached Files

Comment

Not super impressed to be honest. It could be real but in my opinion it is a collector restoration. Without evidence suggesting something different or unless it came from a family based on just these images I would assume it was a stripped tunic and rebuilt after the War. The tabs could be period applied.

Comment

thank you.

I will see tomorrow if I can do better pictures.

I buy it from a collector, not the vet or the family...

Comment

Steiner,

be very careful with this one. Im with Johnny, it appears to be a collector restoration that didn't go well. The boards are slip ons with the tongue being tucked into the seam... not saying it couldn't be period done but why would you do that? A tailor would have cut the tongue off or just thrown a bridle on for the tongue to go through. The collar tabs just seem odd to it as well, honestly if it isn't dirt cheap I would run of if you have a period photo of the thing in wear like this... Matt

Comment

I would not buy it unless it is cheap like the price of the stripped tunic and loose insignia. Nebel is a rare branch and people have caught on to that. More than half of the "nebel" tunics I see are questionable.

They did sew removable boards on like that and left the tongues but it is unusual to see and here is done very poorly.

Comment

I think its a restoration as well
                      tabs dont seem to be originally atached
                      look at the condition of the eagle and then on the tabs and boards
                      surery put together item
                      as said - if the price is worthy for put together i will go for it if i were on your place

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X