DAK Uniform Eagle - Seeking Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK Uniform Eagle - Seeking Opinions

I recently acquired this item in a group of items in Italy. Cloth items are not the direction of my collection, but would like the Forum experts to take a look at it and render an opinion.

It appears to be a DAK buillion piece, taken from a uniform.

Many thanks for any responses!
    Attached Files

It is definitely not of German manufacture....The tarnished bullion makes It looks old, possibly an Italian custom made piece..... but IMHO, I think it is some sort of reproduction.

Steve

Comment

Thank you Steve - definitely along the lines of what I was thinking. On our trips to the PI, some of the guys would have their Tridents embroidered onto their khakis. When I first saw this piece, it reminded me of those.

Much appreciate the help!

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
      It is definitely not of German manufacture....The tarnished bullion makes It looks old, possibly an Italian custom made piece..... but IMHO, I think it is some sort of reproduction.

Steve

Comment

Its a very nice Italian made Bullion eagle, nothing wrong with it. Its on Italian backing material. Id have it in my collection any day. Matt

Comment

Hello,

Send that piece of junk my way. This appears to be a very nice original Italian manufactures bullion German officers breast or cap eagle. Italian made german eagles were ugly as sin, in some opinions, but are definitely pieces of modern art. Nothing wrong with this piece.

Fred

Comment

Nice ! I also vote original Italian, but unissued or rather not purchased...
            Not uniform removed as you suspected... Ugliness is in the eye of the beholder

Comment

Originally posted by munsongary View Post
              I recently acquired this item in a group of items in Italy. Cloth items are not the direction of my collection, but would like the Forum experts to take a look at it and render an opinion.

It appears to be a DAK buillion piece, taken from a uniform.

Many thanks for any responses!
              101% period before May 1945 and Italian made. You think your one is funny, here is my "they never did that yes they did" straight from a New Zealand veteran.

The red tongue in the beak means something to the Italian fascists but what ???

There are more examples in this thread;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t+eagle&page=2

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X