Who bought this shoulder strap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who bought this shoulder strap??

I would like to hear from the collector who bought this shoulder strap from Collector's Guild. I would like to "make him an offer he can't refuse".
    Attached Files

If no one knows who it is, maybe someone has one they will part with for the right price or trade item(s)....maybe I'll get a response this time!!

Comment

You want to make and offer, then if they refuse , contract a "hit" on them?

Many times buyers wish to remain anonymous to not be bugged by other collectors, so ...good luck, but the silence is deafening.

Comment

Perhaps you can simply contact Peter and have him ask his customer if it is available?
        (no doubt to match up a single, which is worth the effort, saving history)

Comment

Thank you for the replies.
          I DID contact Peter immediately, and asked him to put me in contact with the
          buyer. He advised that he was unable to do that.
          Knowing that there are a number of Shoulder strap collectors here on WAF,
          I decided to post here.
          I do not have an example of this strap (Heeresschule fur Hunde und Brieftaubesdienst), hence my ardent interest.
          I gladly accept SINGLE straps especially when I lack that particular cypher.

Again, does ANYONE know who now owns it?
          While I'm at it, does ANYONE own GD EM/Junior NCO straps for
          Feldgendarmerie or Kradschutzen?

I thank in advance all those who repond to my quest.

Comment

There were 2 for sale at the recent Hermann Historica auction. Why didn't you go for one of those?

Comment

Hello Jerry;
              Had I known about them, I would have.
              There are just too many auctions & websites to follow.
              Do you know who bought those?
              I'd really like to own one!
              Enjoy your evening;
              Chris

Comment

Ah that is too bad. it was quite a set: both a chain stitched unteroffizier and metal cyphered nco with proof tags! Well it is a good sign that three have shown up recently, so you should be able to find one sometime.

Probably better that you did not get it though, as then you would have had everything and stopped collecting

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
                Hello Jerry;
                Had I known about them, I would have.
                There are just too many auctions & websites to follow.
                Do you know who bought those?
                I'd really like to own one!
                Enjoy your evening;
                Chris

Comment

OK, let's try this again....

I'm looking to contact the person(s) that:
                  1) bought this strap from Collector's Guild
                  OR
                  2) bought the ones on Hermannn Historica's auction (per info from Jerry)

If the buyer wishes to remain anonymous, I will honor that decision
                  BUT..

They may want to consider what I would give up in trade for this piece.
                  I have been known to trade SS, Fallschirmjaeger and panzer/Stug pieces for a strap I don't have.

Only a dedicated collector of Heer shoulder straps would place a high value
                  on one from the "School of Dog and Pidgeon Training".

I DO, and I'm ready, willing and able to talk to the owner(s)..
                  I'm sure I'll have trade material that they would like MORE than this strap!
                  (and, of course, money is available too, and immediately - "payment plan" is not necessary)
                  I will be at the SOS in a few weeks, so look me up (Chris Varrichio)

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Chris, you would probably make a great hostage negotiator. If I DO happen to run across the owner/buyer I will let him know of your offer.
                      Best,
                      t

Comment

Chris, why not ask Peter to pass the message to the buyer? I can understand why he doesn't want to provide the name/ contact info, but passing along your offer is not unreasonable.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Rare strap! One will turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by willi z. View Post
                            chris, why not ask peter to pass the message to the buyer? I can understand why he doesn't want to provide the name/ contact info, but passing along your offer is not unreasonable.
                            this.

Comment

I had saved this photograph from a magazine and remembered this thread searching for the buyer of the straps pictured in the first post. The ones depicted in the magazine are m-40 type (field gray) with the same ciphers. They are shown being worn by signals personnel who specialized in Pigeon borne messages:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X