• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see some late war Tropical Heer Embroidered Breast Eagles

Here's mine...
    Attached Files

Charles,

I will go out on a limb and say you won't see any like this that are real. I have never seen an embroidered one like this that I felt was real but would love to see a period photo so I could be proven wrong. I don't believe any of these were made as an embroidered style, only bevo. They do come in a variety of sizes but not embroidered as far as I have seen. Yours looks interesting but not one I would accept as original, guessing its on a 3rd model tunic as well? Thats just my opinion though, and opinions are like buttholes and everyone has one. Matt

Comment

Hello,

Totally agree with Matt. Not a one out there I would own nor have in my collection.

Fred

Comment

Looks like old stitching holes below the eagle where an original was once appropriately applied.

-Ray-

*focus closely to the left of the diagonal line.
        Attached Files

Comment

Agree with everyone, fake eagle. The location on the tunic does not help its case either....

Comment

Okay, sorry I've been AWOL for a bit......and I can see that we are going to have to start from the beginning.

This tunic came out of the woodwork after being found in a storage warehouse that had been locked up for more than 20 years. The woman who wound up with it brought it to my friends antique shop & he called me.

Cloth, Heer battle badges, & the Iron Cross are my speciality. In the past 49 years of collecting I have believed (knowing for certain) that zinc Heer para badges were real & made during the war when everyone else said that Juncker APB's were the ONLY makers of this badge...but guess what, FLL made them & they are real....same thing goes for aluminum LW pilot & radio operator badges (I actually tore one apart when told by "experts" they were "never" manufactured in aluminum). Same thing goes for the all steel Assmann GAB...after all, they "never" made them like that....did they? (my example being the first to be legitimized & photographed for M. Tucker's book "German Combat Badges of the Third Reich"). So what I'm getting at is that we can never say never (which is my constant catch phrase).

This said I must say that I have made many mistakes over the years and have kept every one of them never trying to move them on after finding out. I have also learned that trying to view cloth on line is never easy.

Tunic description:

This is a late war all linen tunic. It is RB numbered and size marked/dated but these marks are to faint to make out completely.

Construction is all proper with two very unusual anomalies. The eagle is embroidered & the bevo collar tabs are pink piped....but get this, the tab is tropical olive brown in it's background coloring...and is totally legit, seemingly made for this tunic, and then there's the embroidered eagle.

Now, like most collectors I was highly skeptical of these abnormalities but then came the close inspection. No matter how long or how hard you look at the photographs there are NO prior indications that anything other than what is now on this tunic has ever been there. There are absolutely, positively, no prior stitch lines present for either the eagle or the tabs...NONE!!! The tabs & eagle have been on this tunic since it's construction. They are very well seated into the cloth and are of proper material & construction. There is only one way to come to a proper conclusion & that's to handle it.

I am defending these insignia & this tunic based on my many years of collecting & handling cloth. The eagle is embroidered on tropical cloth like those made for the LW & KM. The backing cloth, weave, thread, & texture, being textbook. The quality being top notch. The eagle has a few spots of field grey paint flecks stuck to it. The eagle's color is a very light blue grey.

Now I have two old time collector friends whom I trust with cloth about as much as I trust my own judgement. One has collected cut off insignia (eagles,boards,& tabs) all of his life & he has seen only one Heer embroidered tropical eagle (that he believed to be real) in all of his days collecting and it was like this one. The other friend is the best versed cloth man I have ever met. He, like you, claims to see a prior stitch line in a photo but until he can have a hands on (next weekend) he won't yet give his opinion (all you major cloth collectors will know him).

So until I can borrow a better camera & have Ramsey look at the tunic next weekend this is all I can offer.

Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Noticethe olive color between the bars.
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The only stitch lines that can be seen is the original for this eagle.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This would appear to be the original eagle's position...
                          Can I ask to see the depot stamps, please? What date was this tunic manufactured?
                          Regards,
                          Mark.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Old vintage repro made in the 70's and 80's in Balingen ...
                            The guy made every possible versions of eagles , including embroidery on camo cloth !
                            It was a cheap ersatz for all the DAK or late tropical jackets which came denazified by hundreds on the german market at that time !
                            Never seen an embroidered tropical factory made eagle ?
                            Nick

Comment

Agree with others; the eagle for sure and collars tabs most probably are not original to this 3rd pattern tropical jacket. There ARE very WELL VISIBLE stiches from previous original tropical eagle ( tropical eagles were sewn much lower than the one visible here - with swastika over the top of pocket ).
                              The collar tabs are also not the one which should be on this jacket ( there was no waffen farbe collar tabs for tropical uniforms - unless NCO or officer change the collar tabs for more distinctive with waffenfarbe - there were only universal collar tabs with orange lines and grey back used by all branches of fighthing units in tropical areas).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X