No announcement yet.

Tunic Purchase at show today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, I like it. Any chance that the tunic was washed. The cloth of the tunic looks like it might have had a clean/ wash of some kind? Jacques

Comment

I suggest that the boards and tabs are fakes. That glow is not a good sign IMO. Nice tunic though. A wash IMO would give it a glow but much duller than what I see.

Comment

Steve, do you have better picture of the size stamps?

//Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          I suggest that the boards and tabs are fakes. That glow is not a good sign IMO. Nice tunic though. A wash IMO would give it a glow but much duller than what I see.

Agree,they even glow a bit without the UV light.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

This is not the kinda glow I wish to have on any of my tunics!

Comment

Tunic

I will see if I can get a refund but so far no response from him. Will strip the tunic if bad insignia and no refund. The black light is a new l.e.d. and very strong but didnt do any good as it wasnt in my NCIS gun show investigation kit. The tunic did come in a dry cleaner bag but Im going to bail on this one

Comment

Maker mark

Per request
                Attached Files

Comment

The stamps have been added with a black pen,perhaps to highlight the original faded stamps.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                    The stamps have been added with a black pen,perhaps to highlight the original faded stamps.

Glenn
                    I agree.

And I don't like the boards at all, even without the glow. That being said, even washed items won't glow as bad as lousy fakes will. Different levels of glowing and the intensity and uniformity of the glow is important and is the way you use the black light.

Not fond of the tabs either.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Tunic

Well Ive got replacement boards without pips, so thats something, if refund doesnt work out. Thanks guys!

Comment

With the new pictures, unless you got it very cheap I would return it and look for another one.

Comment

I am not a fan of the boards, Steve. Aside from the glow, which is SCREAMING on these, I don't like the ridges on the boards' reverse - I have seen reproductions sold on several sites that have those odd ridges.

Don

Comment

Now that I see the backside of the boards, I agree with the assessment that they are FAKE as heck. Possibly of Pakistani/East Asian manufacture? Also, with the newly posted pictures of the collar and tabs, I notice that the wear of the tabs doesn't match the tunic? Maybe the tabs are replaced as well? Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X