Any opinion on these three eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any opinion on these three eagles

Hello, these are three eagles. Does anyone knows if they are right??

Eagle ONE

Eagle TWO

Eagle THREE

Hello,

The first and third eagle are nice originals. The second eagle is a little hard to tell and resembles a reproduction I have but I am not sure.

The first eagle is a pre-1940 Gold on dark green coastal artillery enlisted man's BeVo weave breast eagle. It has been mounted to a piece of wool/badgecloth which is uncommon but not unheard of.

The third eagle is a post 1940 grey on fieldgrey Heer enlisted man's BeVo weave breast eagle. It has been been trimmed.

Fred

Comment

Thank you Fred, well when I bought it, the seller told me it was an eearly eagle, perhaps prive purchase. In fact it is very well made. May be there is someone else in the forum which could tell something about it. Anyway thnak you Fred for your help regarding the other two eagles, I learned a lot with you. Carlos

Comment

Hello Carlos,

I have a very worn repro DAK eagle that resembles this eagle. Here they are. The DAK eagle is on a cotton material. It shows a resembelance but not that close. Maybe you got lucky with that one!

Fred
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fred Green; 01-24-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

KM blue eagle + WH bevo are original.
          The WH "private" one is an old vintage german repro .
          Nick

Comment

Nick, please can tell where to see these vintage german repros so as to see how they are and if they similar tu mine number 2. Carlos

Comment

It does exist in many colours and always the same design , even on camo cloth ...
              Nobody is nowadays selling them as a repro per 10 pieces , as the guy produced them in the 80's in Germany,and passed away in the late 90's.
              They pop up from time to time on the market , sold as original or as repro .
              We already had some to comment on the forum ...
              Nick

Comment

Thank you Nick for your great help. Carlos

Comment

Im with the others, 1 and 3rd are good but the 2nd one is a embroidered repro. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X