No announcement yet.

to confirm eagle insignia please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played with the brightness and contrast to try and enhance the detail a bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark,

Very interesting photo. Thanks for posting.

Could you please show overall views of the photo that show the borders and the reverse as well?

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Hi Norm,

No problem. These pics show the complete photo, front and back, with just the face obscured. I am not enthusiastic about doing that, but other forum users have said it prevents pictures being pirated and reproduced.

All the best,

Mark
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mark,

Great addition to this thread.

Fred

Comment

Here are some comparisons. First, the period portrait photo on top compared with the $6 fake from Reddick's website. Then randomclark's eagle from the opening post and another posted by Fred. Clearly randomclark's and Fred's have identical stitching patterns and are from the same source (despite the small defect in Fred's eagle on the bottom of the right wing). The Reddick repro is limited by the image quality but I fancy there are slight differences in the shape of the eagle's head and the tightness of the stitching, not to mention a different shape to the backing.

But blowups of low resolution photos can be problematic and inaccurate. It would help to have better photos of several more eagles directly from Reddick for comparison.

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Norm F; 03-19-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

These fakes are very well executed. Only the material is not the same than on original eagles.
              Here an original from my collection
              Attached Files

Comment

A Uniform i sold yearw ago. Same eagle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have some good photos front and back of a Reddick repro?

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

I ordered an eagle from Reddick intending to study it further, but unfortunately they sent this one instead which is a different style. Apparently the image on their website is just an eagle to represent any type they actually send you. I guess they don't expect re-enactors to care about the details...

For what it's worth this one came with a tag "Made in Pakistan", so perhaps the other type is as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Norm,

I also ordered an eagle from Reddick and got the same one that you received. The name "Reddick Eagle" was used by me to identify it when another forum member pointed out that he was selling this style of eagle. I will check but I believe that there was also a British seller with them also.

Madandi made a point about these that the "originals" that we see are made of a finer material. In hand you can see it but the stitching to a Reddick is almost identical if not identical. I have 6 or so of these eagles in my box and will pull them out and take some pictures.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X