Unknow Waffenfarbe ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknow Waffenfarbe ???

Hello , please opinion about this waffenfarbe .
    Uniform its from 1937 year .
    Attached Files

The Waffenfarbe looks like (as you know) Panzergrenadier.

Is there a name and rank with the year 1937?

The year 1937 only tells you when it was tailored it does not mean that the same insignia was on it then.

What you see is probably the wearers last Waffengattungs (branch) assignment and rank - so most likely Panzergrenadier.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
      The Waffenfarbe looks like (as you know) Panzergrenadier.

The year 1937 only tells you when it was tailored it does not mean that the same insignia was on it then.
      What you see is probably the wearers last Waffengattungs (branch) assignment - so most likely Panzergrenadier.
      hello , thanks for opinion , but its possible to this uniform was army admin ?

Comment

A Panzergrenadier to 100%, looks a nice tunic too!

Comment

Originally posted by laxymil View Post
          hello , thanks for opinion , but its possible to this uniform was army admin ?
          What does the label say?

I can not comment much on the tunic itself with only this image - but the Waffenfarbe of the insignia is definitely not Admin

Comment

Kradschutzen or Schutzen are are more likely possibilities due to the 1937 date.
            The use of Wiesengrun waffenfarbe for Panzergrenadier came later
            (1942). As mentioned, insignia may have been changed with wartime
            change of some Motorized Infantry (who used white waffenfarbe) to
            Panzergrenadier (weisengrun waffenfarbe).

Comment

i goth one more picture , signature inside , i think its Major Heinrici , on description in wiki its write :

Seit dem 1. März 1933 war Heinrici im Rang eines Oberst als Abteilungsleiter im Reichswehrministerium, später Reichskriegsministerium,

Rank on shoulder straps past , but i not sure
              Attached Files

Comment

green

There is the possibility of it being pre-war light or "lime" green most likely for Kradschuetzen. There is a tunic piped in this light color on p. 332-33 of the Curley/Stewart book on the Waffenrock which dated Feb. 1939. Unfortunately it does not have its original shoulder straps. Of course we cannot see if the insignia on your tunic appear to be original and they could be later war replacements for Pz. Gren.

Comment

Sorry , but I not yet goth in my hands this tunic

Comment

Heinrici for active officers only matches Artillery and Signals men. He may be reserve. The date and the lime green is not a problem, the infantry units that later became Pz Gren just changed the insignia to lime green. I have a tunic for an Oberst Lt. for IR 63 dated 1937, they went from white piping to green in late 1940 when they became SR 63

Comment

Anyway , thanks a lot Guys for all opinion , my thinking was wrong , perhaps whit a little LUCK i will by owner of it .

Thank For ALL !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X