Opinions on Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Tunic

Good evening Gents, I am looking into buying my first tunic I am curious as to what you guys think, from the examples I have seen the insignia do look hand embroidered to me ( I am by no means an expert); but that's also not to say they were not just hand sewn post war. It's a little beat up too but that's ok with me, especially for my first piece. Any guidance would be appreciated as I dive into this new are of collecting, thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Most parts look original, but in my opinion, the collar tabs are resewn, and the eagle may be resewn as well (hard to tell from photos on the eagle).
              Price is everything on this one. Looks like you are getting an original tunic, but one that will be hard to resell should you ever need to later. It is also one that you will have to make apologizes for as well.
              Overall it looks sharp and if priced fair for what it is, you should be OK. If the price is not a bargain, save up a little extra $$$ and find a nicer one.
              Moth holes around the waist will hide with a belt, but the cuff will always show.

Comment

By no means a bargain but in the lower end of my price range. I like the fact it is a signals tunic and a captain which attracted me to it, but I am also not in a huge hurry to pick one up as it will be a while before I am in the market for a second one, thanks for the feedback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
                  most parts look original, but in my opinion, the collar tabs are resewn, and the eagle may be resewn as well (hard to tell from photos on the eagle).
                  Price is everything on this one. Looks like you are getting an original tunic, but one that will be hard to resell should you ever need to later. It is also one that you will have to make apologizes for as well.
                  Overall it looks sharp and if priced fair for what it is, you should be ok. If the price is not a bargain, save up a little extra $$$ and find a nicer one.
                  Moth holes around the waist will hide with a belt, but the cuff will always show.

+1

Comment

I disagree,

Although I personaly like machine stiched collar tabs, it happens that they are stiched on like this originaly also.
                    I don't exactly see marks of another one, so I think you are fine.
                    But hands on inspection is necessary.
                    But I would pay more for machine stiched

With the eagle is hard to tell with pictures, but it doesn't scare me.

Best

Mads

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X