Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pz Jager Straps on E-Stand

Good evening and Happy Holidays,

I am interested in buying this pair of straps and would like to hear some of your opinions regarding them. Normally I trust my instinct with Heer insignia, but there is something about them that just isn't sitting quite right with me. The seller (Steven, aka. Jg-53) recommended I post them for review so here they are.

I may be wrong, but these straps look alot like the type that were being made and sold by I think "At The Front Militaria" in the USA around 1997 - 2004. They used original wool on the backs, thin linen tongue lining, piping that was a little more fuzzy than what you would find on a strap that is 70+ years old, and very shiny tresse. Their Panzer straps came in both black for wrappers and "bottle-green" for the M-36 tunics. I am not saying with certainty that this is one of their pairs, but before I pull the trigger on them I want to get a general sense of what you all think.

So, what's the verdict? Am I just getting paranoid in my old age or do they rub you the wrong way as well?

Thanks for looking and I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!

Bob
    Attached Files

Backs look convincing with original worn wool. It is only after I look at the fronts that I get queasy.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think the straps are probably original and minty (the photos are a little fuzzy) and appear to have had three pips incorrectly attached in a line at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post

appear to have had three pips incorrectly attached in a line at one time.
        or he was a one pip NCO and then promoted to a two pip NCO. Thus moved the pips for a better spacing on the strap ???

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          or he was a one pip NCO and then promoted to a two pip NCO. Thus moved the pips for a better spacing on the strap ???

Chris
          my guess as well.

Comment

Original boards for sure !
            Nick

Comment

They are a nice original pair in my opinion. Matt

Comment

Thank you to all who have replied and provided input. I have now bought them and will post better pics after they arrive.

I wish you all a great New Year!

vr

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post

Chris
                  This is of course the most likely explanation (though you sometimes see pips added by GIs in unusual ways, even to straps that would not have had pips). Sorry if this remark caused any confusion, I was thinking aloud. At any rate the straps look to be original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X