TUNIC thinken about buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUNIC thinken about buying

I'm always skeptical about the 44's not made with the late war wool though. Not sure what to think about it. Wants 800 Euros for it and the guy seems to be very straightforward and honest judging from the other items he's shown me. The internal pockets have been removed looks like and I think the insignia has been re-added post war. Things I question about the tunic are the internal bakelite buttons and the fact there doesn't seem to be any markings anywhere inside. These pictures are all I have of the tunic.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hard to tell about the insignia from these pics, but it looks like an original M-44 to me.

If all is original to the tunic 800 Euro is a bargain.

Comment

Hello,
      In my opinion, the jacket itself may be original, but I do not have confidence in the insignia being original to the tunic, but for that price, restored is probably okay.
      Thank you,
      Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
        Hard to tell about the insignia from these pics, but it looks like an original M-44 to me.

If all is original to the tunic 800 Euro is a bargain.
        I agree with you. I like the tunic but better pictures are needed from the insignia. Can`t tell either if repro or original on the eagle but either way it looks post war added.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameno View Post
          the jacket itself may be original, but I do not have confidence in the insignia being original to the tunic

I agree.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

wouldn t worry about missing markings, often totaly faded. Insingnia are not applied orginary, but it is a doubtless and still nice period M44 tunic to me...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X