German(?) leather coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German(?) leather coat

Hi, I’d like to ask for a little help. I’ve found this leather coat at loft and I can’t identify it, would you help me, please? Seems like there are some stitches on the shoulders. (Maybe for the shoulder boards?)
    Thanks in advance.

Its a coat for Luftwaffe officers

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      Its a coat for Luftwaffe officers
      Thanks Gran Sasso! More opinions?

Comment

Well, since no one else is commenting other than Gran Sasso, I'll offer this. Good original coat, probably Luftwaffe as Gran Sasso already said. The only other thing to comment on are the buttons which you probably noticed are not the normal metal military ones. There are pictures showing these leather faced buttons being worn during the war, but often they were put on after the war in place of the metal ones. Nice looking coat.

Steve
        ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
          Well, since no one else is commenting other than Gran Sasso, I'll offer this. Good original coat, probably Luftwaffe as Gran Sasso already said. The only other thing to comment on are the buttons which you probably noticed are not the normal metal military ones. There are pictures showing these leather faced buttons being worn during the war, but often they were put on after the war in place of the metal ones. Nice looking coat.

Steve

Thanks for the help Steve Sherlock!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock View Post
            The only other thing to comment on are the buttons which you probably noticed are not the normal metal military ones. There are pictures showing these leather faced buttons being worn during the war, but often they were put on after the war in place of the metal ones.
            As you said, there are enough wartime fotos showing those buttons - no wonder, as this type of coat came with those buttons ;-)
            It even has those leather covered buttons with elongated bases for the shoulderboards. So clear proof they are wartime, as there was no need for shoulderboards after the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X