oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible originally badged SS M40 Tunic Need Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible originally badged SS M40 Tunic Need Advice!

Hi All, this is my first post. I just bought this M40 for a smoking good price. It is an M40 5 button and I think its original and Steve at SM Wholesale said it probably is from the pics. The litzen and breast eagle are hand sewn so they were certainly added later. I found the original stitch marks on the reverse of the collar and made a startling discovery! Heer litzen could not have possibly fit the dimensions of the stitch marks, they are the exact same dimensions as my Reproduction SS collar tabs! There is also remnants of black thread on the left sleeve in the eagle and cuff title positions

My question is, can anyone confirm the tunic is real and also, what are your thoughts on it possibly being SS? It seems very short and has some unusual features like white cotton under the lining where the internal suspenders go and black satin pocket flap lining. If it is SS, would you restore it to the proper insignia?

Looks like a reproduction tunic/shoulder straps etc to me.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. The tunic and all insignia are reproduction.

Fred

Comment

Yes, I put the shoulder boards on. You think the tunic is repro??

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
          Hello,

Welcome to the forum. The tunic and all insignia are reproduction.

Fred
          How can you tell?

Comment

A better pic:

Comment

Complete junk. Sorry. The buttons are real that is about it.

Comment

Any idea what it is? It is very old, lots of wear in the right spots. I was told the collar hook was actually in the right spot, something the repros do not get right. Steve at SMW said he has seen that liner in pockets before. I almost didn't buy it because of that. Can someone please tell me why its wrong so I don't blow $1000s in the future?

Comment

Hello,

Take a look through this table in the forum. There are tons of photos of real tunics. Use the search function.

To start off with the liner, interior lining(white stuff) Under the collar, the material.... the list goes on and on. Research and study are the keys.

Fred

Comment

Thank you. I did research in the forum before I bought it. I guess I need more practice.

Comment

Originally posted by autobahngerman View Post
                      ... I guess I need more practice.
                      I would comfirm this.
                      there modern material between lining and shell.... bad one looker copy...

Comment

Really bad one. Maybe the reenactor tranferred from the SS to the Heer? J

Comment

This is where I bought it from: http://www.eastern-bonsai.com/

Comment

Welcome to the WAF! The tunic is a recent reproduction and has been artificially aged, and not that well. As has been said, the insignia are all reproduction.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by autobahngerman View Post
                              This is where I bought it from: http://www.eastern-bonsai.com/
                              It says right on the website not to buy reproductions from that guy.

How much did you pay?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X