Military Police patches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Police patches?

Hello all! I have this posted elsewhere but with no results. Are these men Weimar Republic? One soldier is wearing what appears to be a Third Reich Police badge and the other man is wearing a badge I am not familiar with. The dark spot on the police badge where the swastika should be is on the badge and not a cover up done to the photo. I am wondering what this group of men were. Thanks!

Last edited by BlackWatch1; 11-19-2014, 08:13 PM.

The uniforms are standard civil police m1936 tunics. They are not "military police" but rather Ordnungspolizei. The blue uniforms are Prussian Schutzpolizei who haven't switched over to the green tunics yeat or possibly reservists who continued to wear the old uniforms throughout the war. The fact that the guy seated on the left is wearing black trouser would date this photo to the transition period just after the "new" uniforms were introduced in 1936. Prussian SchuPo guys continued to wear their old black trousers until the new green ones were available or thee black one wore out.

The "unidentified badge" appears to be a police sleeve eagle distorted by folding and film emulsion spots.

Regards,
    W.Unland
    Last edited by W.Unland; 11-19-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
      The uniforms are standard civil police m1936 tunics. They are not "military police" but rather Ordnungspolizei. The blue uniforms are Prussian Schutzpolizei who haven't switched over to the green tunics yeat or possibly reservists who continued to wear the old uniforms throughout the war. The fact that the guy seated on the left is wearing black trouser would date this photo to the transition period just after the "new" uniforms were introduced in 1936. Prussian SchuPo guys continued to wear their old black trousers until the new green ones were available or thee black one wore out.

The "unidentified badge" appears to be a police sleeve eagle distorted by folding and film emulsion spots.

Regards,
      W.Unland
      Awesome! I learned something new today

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X