Dutch made stripped Heer uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickG View Post
    Looking at this one again (regretting not to have bid...I actually now have some doubts...
    To me it looks like a greatcoat (Dutch one or German one in Dutch whipcord) that was converted into a tunic (with added used collar) to make it more attractive to sell. Some red flags after taking another look:
    The full lining, very baggy appearance, oversized sleeves, internal belt, area where the tunic sleeves are connected, padded shoulders ...etc,
    It looks very oversized to me... Also the button holes don't look Dutch made...and the buttons look brand new (unworn)! A rebuilt one?
    The tailor tag of course could have been there when it was an overcoat!
    Nick, the tunic is ok IMO too. The things you mentioned are all pretty common for tailored officers tunics like padded shoulders, wide sleeves, etc. For example I do too have a tunic like that, German made, German wool, but with identical cut and with all those features. My tunic is in in good worn condition, so you can clearly see that it is not a "converted from greatcoat". Yes, it is with exact same things you pointed on with red arrows.
    Plus had they indeed converted it from a great coat they would have probably made it ss as there would be no breast eagle ghost or any traces from collar insignia.
    Btw it is a nice tunic you did not buy but that's ok anyway you cannot have them all right? Not a big deal Let it go you will have a better one easily
    Last edited by Disco Partisan; 11-20-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X