The Name Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Name Game

I am asking for the members help in figuring out some personalized heer daggers that I own. I have bought the 35 rank lists the 39 and 43 in an attempt to figure this out myself but this old style script is tuff to figure out. This first dagger is an early E Pack dagger produced in 35. I found a Maj. Marz in the 35 (also the 39) list but I am unsure if the 3rd letter on the dagger is an R ? Would appreciate some input from the uniform guys as I know collectors on this section who are very good at these names.
    Attached Files

The Name is Mänk

Best Regards

Comment

The name is MÄNTZ for sure. In kurrent you have some combined letters like the TZ at the end of this name.
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by djenkins View Post
        the name is mäntz for sure. In kurrent you have some combined letters like the tz at the end of this name.
        Dave
        +1

Comment

I agree it is Mäntz.

Comment

Thanks Guys ! I have been through the 35 rank list and the 39 with no luck finding this gent. I do know he was an officer in 35 or 36 based on the production of this dagger I wonder if he was a reserve officer if he would show up in the rank lists? Any suggestions where else I can look for him?

Comment

Any help locating Mäntz would be appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X