Jérôme

Instead of RBNr the faker put RFNr...

Comment

I don't like it either.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        Instead of RBNr the faker put RFNr...
        Hi Nick,
        I don't like this tunic either, but my understanding is that RFNrs are occasionally found on late war items. I believe this is most often on field gear, but sometimes on cloth headgear and even uniforms as well. I know I have a pair of M43 or M44 pants with an RFNr, though I'd have to dig them out of a box to look again to see which model they are.
        Dale

Comment

I do not like the jacket either but agree there are RFN numbers. It stands for Reichsfabriknummer and is much less encountered than RBN markings.

Comment

Never encountered RFNr before...OK so more common on gear! Learned something new today! Interesting that a faker would use a lesser known code abbreviation...if it is indeed junk. Still looks very unconvincing to me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Never encountered RFNr before...OK so more common on gear! Learned something new today! Interesting that a faker would use a lesser known code abbreviation...if it is indeed junk. Still looks very unconvincing to me...
              Helloto all ,
              also learned somthing
              best regards

Comment

just takes a close up at the buttonholes to see what we deal with imo. never seen a front closing without keyholes on M44 exept on fieldmade stuff.

Comment

I have a few fieldgear items RFNr. marked like a set of Luftwaffe Y straps and a 1944 made Artillery rucksack, so while not common Nick, RF marked items do pop up from time to time. seems I have run across a few other Luftwaffe items so marked and you may have given items a quick glance that were RF marked not even noticing since the F can appear like a B on poorly stamped or well worn items.

in the gear section there are several threads showing RFNr marked items.

Kev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X