No announcement yet.

HBT Officers Jäger tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I see it is indeed a heavily modified drill tunic. The waste adjustment tress with its pannel has been removed from the interior and that's why I thought it is not a drill tunic but something else yesterday. Definitely a very nice original tunic IMO period-retailored to officers, as a matter of fact a superb example!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
        As some of the others have stated, this one is converted from a drill jacket. This tunic was essentially re-made into a 4 pocket M-36 style tunic and at the same time set up with officer's insignia (there was no other insignia on it before conversion as it was a 2 pocket drill tunic....hence the stamping) these are hard to find and I feel this one is original in its conversion and the attachment of its insignia.

Hardly any two examples of these true drill jacket conversions will be exactly the same in the details. They can be seen in period photos (both Heer and W-SS) but not many survived based on the numbers seen today.
        I plenty agree with this comment, a modified drillichjacke mle 33.
        The earliest four pockets drillichjacke had 6 buttons, buttoned sleeves and didn't appears before the firt half of 1942.

derka

Comment

Thank You Gents for all comments and photos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
          X