My M40 tunic -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ibsr

I lived in a small town near Wurzburg (Kleinrinterfeld). My neighbor was a depot worker at the Zell/Faulenburg depot complex near Wurzburg. She told me that the depot included many cities in the area. However, I did make an assumption based on the fact that "WB" is still the official abbreviation for Wurzburg and goods produced there are still marked with the same "WB" as found on old military clothing and equipment.

Steve

Originally posted by lbsr
    Prossnitz(in German), Prostějov (in Czech) is really town in Moravia, cca 50 km form Moravia capital - BRNO. There are (and were ) great textile factories, which made uniforms for Austro-Hungarian, Czechoslovakian armies and probably for WH too. In Brno was the greatest depot of military material in pre-war Czechoslovakia. Czechoslovakian uniforms from that depot was used for training purposes by WH after occupation.
    From some sources I know Ukrainian Bn "Roland" used old czechoslovakian uniforms from Vienna (W) depot and I think these uniforms were in fact from depot in Brno. From these facts I assume (it is ONLY assumption) the Brno's depot became in war local branch of Vienna military depot. Ithat case "WBr" letters may be for Vienna military depot (W) - local branch Brno (Br).

airborne_steve,
    could You tell me from what sources You know that WB is abbrevitation for Wurzburg depot? In Agolia/Schlicht book about Heer uniforms is stated WB is abbrevitation of unknown war military depot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X