Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private purchase Heer riding breeches opinions please

Hello gentlemen

I would like to hear your opinions on these riding breeches. The metal clips to each side for size adjustment still present but have become a bit rusty.
    Zipper attachments to both legs. All buttons read " Deutsche mode ***" except for one. If anybody sees any "red flags" please let me know.

Thank you very much ,

Decerf
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

IMO original and mid to late war. The buckles are sensitive to finger oil and moisture etc and rust very easily even when everything else is in great shape. No worry there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              IMO original and mid to late war. The buckles are sensitive to finger oil and moisture etc and rust very easily even when everything else is in great shape. No worry there.
              agree ,nice pair

Comment

One other thing too is that these are not riding breeches. They are for unmounted troops and were called "Stiefelhose". These would be worn by ground troops like Infantry and transport officers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  One other thing too is that these are not riding breeches. They are for unmounted troops and were called "Stiefelhose". These would be worn by ground troops like Infantry and transport officers etc.
                  I agree, without patches they are not riding breeches.

Comment

Yes...while I don't know very much about all this military stuff...I do ride.

Riding breeches historically had - inner pads...either full, or knee pads... made of leather to help grip the saddle when riding...

Modern breeches will still have pads, of leather, or new synthetic materials...

Comment

Thank you gents ! All this info was very helpful yo me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X