CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with identification and a strange patch error....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with identification and a strange patch error....

Hi Guys,

I picked these up in the big lot I purchased a while ago. I was wondering what the first patch was and if you guys noticed something strange about one of them. (It's not that hard but I figured I would make you work a little)
    Attached Files

I don't know what they are, but I do see that the swaz is backwards on the third one.

John

Originally posted by Elvis
    Hi Guys,

I picked these up in the big lot I purchased a while ago. I was wondering what the first patch was and if you guys noticed something strange about one of them. (It's not that hard but I figured I would make you work a little)

Comment

Hi all,

the top badge is for the peaked cap for pilots of flying boats, the second two are L/WMtrade badges for rangefinder i belive the one with the gold border denotes 1 years service.

This is only a description and not a guarentee of authenticity.
      Ashley

Comment

Thanks guys.

I am 110% sure these are real. I had no clue what the first one was. Do you think there was an error in the stencil for the stitching of the swaz?

Comment

Hi Elvis,
          just some more info on the top badge :- it is actuall belongs to members of the Seefliegerhorstflugsicherung ! abreviated as S.Fl.HFS an airsea rescue / coastal commmand unit (which most certainly used flying boats !!) as well as ships. The silver on blue was for technical personell the yellow for deck personell, the insignia was also in metal.
          JFYI
          Ashley

Comment

I always like to see items from this unit. They're few and far between.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BadBob
              I always like to see items from this unit. They're few and far between.
              Couple more examples I thought you'd like to see.
              Garth
              Attached Files

Comment

Those are terrific, thanks for posting them. Did you get them all at once or over a period of time?

Comment

Originally posted by BadBob
                  Those are terrific, thanks for posting them. Did you get them all at once or over a period of time?
                  Picked them bit at a time looking through riker mounts and patch boxes.
                  Garth

Comment

Do anyone have photos of the tunics and headgear this unit used?

Regards

Carl

Comment

Hi Carl, there a few photos in the book "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" Vol. 1. Published by Bender in 1989. All the pics are credited to George Petersen. There is shown an original white top visor cap, plus three period photos of the tunics and blue & white top caps in wear.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian: Thanks for the information!

But does anyone knows about either tunic or headgear in any collections today?

Regards

Carl

Comment

Just picked up this tiny embroidered insignia. Different than anything I've seen so far.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The reverse. Has anyone seen one like it, or know if they're being faked?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've obtained another visor cap cord attributed to the Air/Sea rescue service; specifically, the boat crewmen. There's still precious little information around regarding the unit, so I have nothing to compare it to, unfortunately.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X