• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generalleutnant Karl Prager lot

My new item. I need just the 2 Bulgarian medals and the set will be perfect
    Attached Files

Hello,
    I like what I see here very much. Can you provide us with more photographs of the details and any history on this particular tunic?
    Thank you,
    Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by nonameno View Post
      Hello,
      I like what I see here very much. Can you provide us with more photographs of the details and any history on this particular tunic?
      Thank you,
      Curtiss
      Yes please

Kev

Comment

Here you go. There is no nametag on the inside but clearely it is his tunic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would say that it is not the uniform from the pictures as the medal loops seems little off.

One more picture of the general Prager.
              Attached Files

Comment

And this is the set that I need to complete it
                Attached Files

Comment

Definitely possible but obviously hard to prove. Any additional provenance to lend credence?

It certainly displays well - will look wonderful with the rest of the awards.

Comment

That's it that I have. Well Prager medalbar, 2 pictures and all matching loops on uniform are good enough for me to say that it is all his. Rest of the medals were sold separately and it was too much for me at the time. Well I regret buying the Bulgarian set as now I have to wait for another.

If somebody of you demands the DNA test, well... I'm used of such of discussion, specially when it comes to uniforms
                    Last edited by germanmedals; 09-11-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Tunic

Nice looking tunic! I don't think it is the one that he is wearing in the picture, the button placement is different and the pocket flaps are not the same, IMO.

Comment

So did the medal bar come with the tunic?

Comment

Originally posted by bbeck View Post
                          Nice looking tunic! I don't think it is the one that he is wearing in the picture, the button placement is different and the pocket flaps are not the same, IMO.
                          Yup that also my #7 post says. Not the one from the picture but a spare one. We will see better when I get the Bulgarian orders how it is placed.

Yes I got the medalbar and pictures together with the uniform. You can see the discussion here and a better look of the matching ribonbar.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=746368

Comment

Your tunic is one he must have clearly worn whilst dieting and exercising between the photos etc.?

Comment

Well judging from the pictures the worn uniform is in much bigger size but it seems also, that there is still much room in it, as it seem too big for him. Comparing the picture where he sits in the chair you can see that he wasn't a big man and even his shoulders are small. There can be many scenarios but I guess it would be really strange and difficult that so many identical clues could come together and that the tunic would be from someone else. I think that around 70 kg man could easily fit in it so it could be a more formal tunic and not a comfortable, everyday use uniform. Its condition also shows, that it was slightly used. You can look for cons reasons all day but for me 90% says it is his. There are just to many similarities that something could turn me off that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X