Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on Tropical Tunic...

Hi all. I collect many types of cloth items, including tunics, but never handled a tropical tunic so I'd like some opinions on this one. Keep in mind the current owner used a flash for the close up shots so color may be off a bit in some shots.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Wait to hear feedback from those more knowledgeable in this field but, from those pictures, I like it.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Thanks B.N. Singer. There is a stamp on the inside of the button cover flap (not sure what else to call it) that I'll post a bit later. It's illegible for the most part but may be helpful to someone experienced with these.

Comment

IMO mint, original M40 tropical jacket.

Comment

Wow

It look it never was issued. Amazing

juan

Comment

Hello,
            In my opinion, it appears to be an excellent, un-issued example of a tropical tunic.
            Congratulations,
            Curtiss

Comment

Wow
              Also for me a killer tunic!!!!

Wish That could be mine

Comment

Agree its an un-issued late 1st model tropical tunic. Looks to still have its original insignia too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
                  Agree its an un-issued late 1st model tropical tunic. Looks to still have its original insignia too.
                  Agree - so fresh it appears to retain it's 'bullet-proofing' rigidity.
                  Any markings under the 'S' ring covering panel?
                  Regards,
                  Mark
                  NZ

Comment

Hi Mark. Yes there is a small stamp under the S-ring covering. I'll upload it later when I'm back in front on my computer. What should the stamp read and I'll tell you if it is the same stamp?

Comment

A very nice untouched original example. The stamp under the s-ring covering will be the makers mark.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                        Hi Mark. Yes there is a small stamp under the S-ring covering. I'll upload it later when I'm back in front on my computer. What should the stamp read and I'll tell you if it is the same stamp?
                        The stamp could be one of two things - possibly an assembly number which matches others found on component parts of the tunic (look inside the pockets or up the sleeves near the shoulder joints as well, it may be replicated there) but judging from the lack of other obvious numbers seen in your other images it is more likely to be a manufacturer's name stamp.
                        Interesting that the depot/size stamp is not obvious in it's usual position.
                        Regards,
                        Mark
                        NZ

Comment

I can only echo what the others have already said, nice un-issued 1st model with what appears to be its original insignia. Matt

Comment

Here is the ink stamp I mentioned, located beneath the button "S" ring cover.

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                              Here is the ink stamp I mentioned, located beneath the button "S" ring cover.

So we know now who was the maker ; LAGO SCHLESIEN BRESLAU ( today Wroclaw ).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X