Hbt Nco Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hbt Nco Tunic

I recently bought this HBT tunic. It is modelled after the M40 wool tunic as it has pleated pockets. I have not found this model in any of my reference books so if any WA members can shed any light on introduction date I would be interested

Cheers

Mark
    Attached Files

INTERNAL SHOT. It came stripped the ribbon bar and wound bage follow existing holes in the tunic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finally a shot of the collar. It is mouse grey NCO Tresse, also it has a button flap that allows the collar to be closed like the mountain troopers M36 tunics.
      Attached Files

Comment

HBT uniforms came on line as officiall summer weight combat uniforms in 1940.

Having pleated pockets,it is a typical 1st model.Some 1st models have scalloped pockets as well.The later type HBT tunics did away with the pleats and scalloped pockets as a material saving move.
        2nd models typically have non pleated pockets but some retain their scalloped pockets/
        3rd models typically have plain straight edge pockets(no scallop) and no pleats.
        The thread that shows Pierre.H,s hbt work tunic converted into something resembling a combat HBT tunic.This would be typical of a lead up style(done unoffically) before the official factory issue types were available.
        Its a good example of tunic evolution.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X