No announcement yet.

Grobdeutschland generalmayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the experts have not seen the earlier photos. I think I saw newly made gold CTs like this in the 1980s in Germany and this jacket may have been once sold through a company called N&T Global trading back in the day. They sold a lot of items like this.

Comment

I saw this tunic at the Pomona show. The cuff title is exceptionally well made with tight old bullion work. I agree that I have not seen another like it, but it sure looked old, original, and appears to have always been on the tunic. I am certainly no tunic expert, by any stretch, but the insignia appeared to be nice and original. Sadly, from posted photos, the shoulder boards have been changed, if this is the same tunic.

I surely understand the angst collectors if uniforms must suffer.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Yes, agreed, what a mine field.

Comment

Looks like someone took Don C's advice in post #2 and changed a few things.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...3&highlight=GD

"No GD cyphers on the boards, the ribbon bar loops don't match the award loops, the tailor's lable looks to be hand stitched, slip-on boards and hand-sewn collar tabs. I cannot comment intelligently on the cuff title, so I won't. I would pass on this one. I would, of course, be happy to be proven wrong"

It is the same tunic (same label,same dark green dagger hanger strap) and I would also agree that the collar tabs have signs of being hand sewn to a jacket at some point (both times that it was being sold) but they are in fact machine applied...Most tailors labels that I have seen have been machine sewn before the lining went in.

Which of course brings the addition of the eagle and cufftitle (if original or fantasy) into question.

Most likely the jacket was completely stripped of insignia at one point and rebuilt to what it is now.

Glenn
          Attached Files
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I should have kept my mouth shut...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
              ......The tunic is completely untouched, and has been fully inspected by several very well known and respected uniform and insignia experts, (who's name I will be glad to share with any interested persons) and is deemed completely original and untouched......

Now that’s an interesting excerpt from the web listing seems these experts can not tell an untouched original from a Frankenstein….I wouldn’t buy a jockstrap from this dealer.
              Perhaps we have overlooked the fact that the tunic may be self authenticating leading these "known and respected uniform and insignia experts" to form their opinions as such?

Kevin

Comment

How come, we the collectors, have to do all the research?

Comment

Are the original 2008 photos also from Bruce?

Comment

gd general tunic

"How come, we the collectors, have to do all the research?"

because the sellers of military items are interested in selling products in which most of them have little stake other than to move products and turn a profit.
                    this GD generals tunic may make a great fathers day present for the orthodontist who has a lot more money than brains and experience.
                    sorry to be a curmudgeon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X