No announcement yet.

Late Heer M43 Tunic/Early Pattern Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for those precisions, yes different threads used at different stages of mfg make sense.
    My observation was just about what appears on pics to be color change/fading of the particular same thread used for eagle and pockets attachment, becoming tan/gold outside and keeping its original green color inside.

As a sidenote about colour of piping on shoulder straps and slip on "563", my guess is light brown used for Bautruppen ?
    Did they came from the vet with the tunic ?

derka

Comment

Nice one and great addition for any collection. Very rare jacket.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
        Thanks for those precisions, yes different threads used at different stages of mfg make sense.
        My observation was just about what appears on pics to be color change/fading of the particular same thread used for eagle and pockets attachment, becoming tan/gold outside and keeping its original green color inside.

As a sidenote about colour of piping on shoulder straps and slip on "563", my guess is light brown used for Bautruppen ?
        Did they came from the vet with the tunic ?

derka

No,the thread is not faded on the exterior and not really as bright as the photos show.

The jacket did not have any shoulder straps from the Veteran,I added them for the photos...They are Bau.

Here is another example using light colour thread for the eagle and for various parts of the jacket.

Regards
        Glenn
        Attached Files
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Ok, thanks for the additionnal pic.
          Both realy splendid tunics indeed.

To complet about the Bau color, as tunic had not shoulder straps from the veteran, i would suggest to use maybe another pair on this tunic (i'm sure you have the choice... ).
          The reason is that acording my documentation, in october 1943 (A.H.M. n°783, october 11th 1943), Bautruppen were attached to Pionier branch and received the black piping, in rewards for their bravery and participation to fights on the Eastern fron, particulary during winter 41/42.
          As the tunic is dated 1944, it would be more logical, but of course, it's up to you.
          derka

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
            Ok, thanks for the additionnal pic.
            Both realy splendid tunics indeed.

To complet about the Bau color, as tunic had not shoulder straps from the veteran, i would suggest to use maybe another pair on this tunic (i'm sure you have the choice... ).
            The reason is that acording my documentation, in october 1943 (A.H.M. n°783, october 11th 1943), Bautruppen were attached to Pionier branch and received the black piping, in rewards for their bravery and participation to fights on the Eastern fron, particulary during winter 41/42.
            As the tunic is dated 1944, it would be more logical, but of course, it's up to you.
            derka

Hi Derka,

I just added the Bau straps for the photos as they were a close match to the jackets wool colour,and they are also the right length.

The jacket came with a set of late M-44 type straps that were added by the previous owner but they were too short which over time may damage the shoulder strap button attachment thread and bridles...Photo attached.

I will probably look for a M-44 type set that fits.

Glenn
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              Hi Derka,

I just added the Bau straps for the photos as they were a close match to the jackets wool colour,and they are also the right length.

The jacket came with a set of late M-44 type straps that were added by the previous owner but they were too short which over time may damage the shoulder strap button attachment thread and bridles...Photo attached.

I will probably look for a M-44 type set that fits.

Glenn
              I see, a wise change waiting for the appropriate pair then.
              derka

Comment

Wow

Lok like they attached the eagle before attaching the pockets

amazing

Juan
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi to all,

really a nice tunic !
                  Congratulations for this find ... I love M43

Comment

Very interesting to read thoughts about the construction process of the tunic with different threads. Useful when examining tunics in the future. Also to note that eagle through lining and earlier eagles applied can be 100% factory and period applied! Learning all the time...
                    Cheers
                    Anthony

Comment

Superb jacket

Comment

Hi Glenn,
                        Lovely tunic!
                        Thank you for sharing your tunics and your knowledge.
                        Best wishes,
                        Curtiss

Comment

Nice Very Nice indeed !!!!!!!!

Thxs for sharing.....!!!!!!!!

Comment

Glenn, Question about your M43 in Gaberdine Wool with the M44 triangle eagle and the pocket flap sewn over the lower edge of the wreath. Is the depot marking in the lining "E44" or "E45" by chance. Thank you. steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                              Glenn, Question about your M43 in Gaberdine Wool with the M44 triangle eagle and the pocket flap sewn over the lower edge of the wreath. Is the depot marking in the lining "E44" or "E45" by chance. Thank you. steve

Hello Steve,

That one is E-44.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice M43 tunic Glenn

I have a similar M43 in my collection with early eagle attached,
                                This tunic got always a laugh from collectors which know only
                                the textbook stuff

Here are some pics for comparison
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X