opinion on infantry boards please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinion on infantry boards please !

these are offered by a militaria diller and also a Member here - I would like to have opinion on them please

Attached Files

more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Boards

Kuli: i would say bad, i dont care for the material used on the piping.But i could be wrong. Bill V

Comment

Hi Mike, I would agree with Bill. The piping bothers me too. It does look a bit thick? Also the weave pattern looks different.

Fakes of shoulder straps have improved so much in recent years, what with decent key holed button holes, use of original cloth etc, that they are getting much harder to detect from photos. Infantry piped straps are always sought after too, as so many peple want to restore tunics.

I would be interested in what other members think of these?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Mike

As far as my knowledge goes, I agree with Bill and Ade, these are suspicious. Obviously original cloth has been used. The piping is something to be worried about, also the stitching looks to white IMO in comparison with the wear.

here's a pair of my collection.

Cheers

Jan
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jan Beazaer; 11-18-2004, 03:59 PM.
          'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Attached Files
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Here's another pair with silk backing.
              Attached Files
              'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Attached Files
                'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Thickness of the white

I have seen period photos where the waffenfarben was really thick like this. The only problem is that it wasn't a close up. Someone on this site will have an idea.

Comment

Reminds me of the oversized piping on GD repro boards. I dont like them and would stick to better known examples.

Comment

thanks Guys for all help !!!
                      they did look kinda odd - and Seller is very honest person and first said that they look kinda suspicious to Him.. and he is not 100% sure about them .. that's why I decided to post them...
                      thank You guys !!
                      cheers !!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X