Was curious to get an opinion... on this cool looking tab. Thanks
    Attached Files

More shots
    Attached Files

Comment

More more....
      Attached Files

Comment

It might be ok , but the embroidery is a bit loose, the wool looks a wee fuzzy and the whole thing looks a bit sketchy for me. Wait for a great one.

Comment

Thanks for you comments... I am fairly confident its a good peace...
          Last edited by randywrap; 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I saw this thread yesterday and was inclined to throw an opinion out but the more I thought about it I really couldn't put my finger on what bugged me about the tab and where I dislike the inarticulate, one word opinions I left the thread alone.

Looking again today, the two things that 'bug me' are the angle of the tail angling slightly up at the end relative to the edge of the tab and the bluntness of the pointy end of the tab. The problem in pointing these features out is, as we all know, these things are all hand done and vary from tab to tab. Given all that, I would still have to say it looks okay compared to the sets I own - artistic variation versus any real concern.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks rick for your articulate and honest opinion....

Comment

I will be receiving this General's tab in a trade, but was wondering about some more opinions on it!
                I like it!
                Last edited by NickG; 11-17-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I don't see any threads signs. Are they unworn?

Comment

I still wonder if the unterlagen template would permit the tail to angle up like it does. Looking at a few of mine it appears the tail aligned with oval running centrally across the tab. Were the tabs ‘mounted’ slightly off center to the stiffener one might see an increased angle of the tail relative to the edge of the tab but the alignment of the tail to the center oval should be (I’m speculating), well, ‘aligned’.

an example of one of mine below...
                    Attached Files

Comment

tab

Marshals baton has some with the tail that is up a little . The tab looks ok to me . Like Mike at marshals Baton said they have a pattern to go by but their style might make it a little different. As far as the tail being up a little the pattern they use has a some area that connects the tail to the main body and might have moved. Cliff

Comment

Rick, Your tabs are genuine
                        IMO unworn condition of first pair is a red flag.

Comment

Good stuff! I am getting the one posted by Randy in a trade. Rick's example is spectacular with the 2 tone gold!
                          The tail going up a little is not an issue for me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X